Wednesday 18 February 2015

Barry M Speedy Quick Dry Polishes


When I saw that Barry M were releasing new polishes I knew that some or all of the collection would be coming home with me. Not only were they promising a speedy/ quick drying time, they were also sporting a brand new wider flatter brush, which aims for a quicker more precise application. Both of these were enough for me to be counting down the days to their release.

The range consists of 9 new shades, some neutral, some pastel but all beautiful for the upcoming spring months. It was more the muted down, somewhat neutral pastel shades that caught my attention, the slightly brighter pink shades not really doing anything for me.  





 I picked up six shades, three more muted shades and three slightly brighter shades. The three more neutral shades are called Eat My Dust a stunning grey toned cornflower blue, Road Rage a beautiful mint green and Pit Stop a gorgeous mauvey grey shade. The three brighter shades I picked up are In A Heart Beat a pinky coral colour which actually comes out a lot brighter than the bottle suggests, Pole Position which is more of a apple green than Road Rage and then Lap Of Honour which is just your standard lilac shade. 

Upon application I was impressed by the precision the flat brush gave, coating my nails in a single swipe instead of many tiny swipes. The quick drying time also lived up to expectations, my nails dry and smudge free in a few minutes. However it was the formula of the colours themselves that let these down for me. I know that when it comes to pastel shades that more coats are required but most of the shades bar Pit Stop were sheer on application. Most shades were opaque after a couple of coats but a few were still sheer and somewhat streaky on the nail. 

If you love pastel shades and have the patience to do three of four coats (they're quick dry remember) then I would say these latest release from Barry M are totally up your street. At only £3.99 a bottle, the drying time and applicator a better quality than some of the higher brands out there I would say they are definitely worth having a nosey at next time you're near a Barry M stand. 

Available now in Boots and Superdrug now 

No comments:

Post a Comment