Thursday 2 April 2015

My Everyday Base

When it comes to foundation I've always been picky, flitting from one to another whether it be for a different season or just to try a new release. However just before Christmas I found a base that apart from a couple of weeks where I tried a Rimmel foundation that had been raved about I haven't strayed from at all.

The Maxfactor Facefinity 3 in 1 foundation is everything I've been looking for in a base product. Even though it's a triple action product with built in primer and concealer, the Facefinity is surprisingly a thin consisitency that when applied to the skin gives a stunning sheer to medium coverage that is easily buildable without being cakey. It blends beautifully on the skin and covers any redness or blemishes easily leaving skin with a natural dewy glow. I use the shade Warm Almond which is perfect for any fair skinned ladies with a yellow undertone to their skin whereas Light Ivory the shade below is perfect for fairer skintones that have more of a pink undertone. 

Also when I picked up the foundation I managed to get my hands on the matching Facefinity primer. It is by far the best primer I have ever used, leaving my skin primed and ready for foundation but not greasy like some other primers can leave skin. You don't have to use the two together as the foundation already has the primer built in but if you want your make up to go the extra mile then this primer is for you. Most foundations even when used with a primer would disappear after a few hours but now my foundation looks almost as good as when I first applied it thanks to these two products. If you have a big event coming up or are just looking for products to prolong your daily make up then I suggest you give these a go. A little more pricey than some other popular high street foundations but well and truly worth the money. 

Have any of you tried this combo? Or do you have any other recommendations? Let me know in the comments. 

Available now from Superdrug and Boots

1 comment:

  1. Great post! You have really sold the product to me! Tempted to try this foundation out now! x

    ReplyDelete