Monday 12 August 2019

Review: IT Cosmetics CC Cream

For the longest time all I saw online was people raving about the IT Cosmetics CC Cream. And until recently, it was hard for me to get my hands on it. Until Boots redid their Beauty Hall and added IT Cosmetics to their expanding range. As you can see I've only picked up the travel size but rest assure I will definitely be buying a full size tube when this runs out.

If you've been living under a rock and don't know what the IT Cosmetics CC Cream is, it's a high coverage CC Cream that covers every imperfection under the sun, feels lightweight on the skin and has the added bonus of an SPF of 50. It doesn't sit heavily on the skin and lasts up to twelve hours without needing to be touched up. I wore this to a wedding in June and it lasted from half ten in the morning until quarter to twelve that night. Sure I was wearing a setting spray over top but I've used the same setting spray with other foundations since and they've still transferred or needed to be touched up.

Shade wise I thought I’d picked up Light as Fair was too pink toned for me but I’ve lost the box and the top of my tube says Fair. I do believe this is Light but I can’t be sure a hundred percent. What I can say is that this doesn’t oxidise in the slightest. Put it on in the morning and your face is still the same shade when you take it off however many hours later. You may get a little glow/shine throughout the day but that’s about it. Usually with CC creams they oxidise and leave you with that horrid line around the perimeter of your face. Not this one though, this one stays it’s original shade and doesn’t budge throughout the day. It isn’t a matte finish so a little shine where your natural oils come through are expected but it can easily be mattified with a little powder.

I'm so thoroughly impressed by this foundation. I've worn it during some of the muggiest days we've had so far this Summer and it hasn't budged once. I even wore it to see Carrie Underwood live where I cried multiple times and it still did not budge. Sure it's more on the high end scale of foundations but it's worth every penny and I'll happily spend the rest of my life paying out for that then wasting my money on cheaper foundations that don't match me perfectly or rub off halfway through the day. Bourjois is the only other brand that does a CC Cream that lasts but it's slowly getting harder to find it anywhere. If you do find it in stores, I recommend giving it a swatch, it's almost as good as the IT Cosmetics one at a fraction of the price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment