Friday 2 August 2019

Recipe: Lemon And Poppyseed Muffins

When I was picking recipes to bake for the month of August, I hit a brick wall. I'm a baker who likes to try and bake somewhat seasonally appropriate recipes but for the life of me I could think of nothing for August. Then I was hit by one recipe that I tried last year but thought of a more elaborate version for this year and from there I decided to dip my toe into a couple that I'd never thought to try before. The first is this delicious Lemon and Poppyseed recipe that I wasn't sure I was going to like but knew my friends and family would love. But surprisngly I fell in love with the end result as soon as I tasted them. Light with a gorgeous tang of lemon running through that isn't too overpowering partnered with the slight crunch of the poppyseeds and you've got yourself a delicious summer bake that everyone will adore.

Ingredients 
225g Self Raising Flour
175g Golden Caster Sugar
175g Butter, melted and cooled slightly
3 Eggs
100g Natural Yoghurt
Zest Of 2 Lemons
1 Tbsp Poppyseeds

Method 
1- Pre heat your over to 180C and line a twelve hole muffin tin with paper cases.
2- Into a bowl mix your flour, sugar, lemon zest and poppy seeds.
3- Into a seperate bowl mix together your natural yoghurt and eggs. I like to really beat them together so that they're fully combined.
4- Pour the natural yoghurt/egg concoction and melted butter into your dry ingredients. Your butter must be slightly cooled by this point as warm butter will curdle the natural and ruin the recipe. I'd advise intially melting your butter after you've lined your tin with cases. That gives it time to cool as your prepare the rest of your ingredients.
5- Mix together with a wooden spoon or spatula until all the lumps have dissovled. Don't worry if your mixture seems runny, it's just a combination of the melted butter, eggs and natural yoghurt loosening up what would normally be a stiffer mixture.
6- Spoon the mixture evenly into the paper cases and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
7- Leave to cool in the tin for five minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
8- Then all that's left is to enjoy them. This have a storage life of around three days so they're perfect for a girls night in, coffee morning or a sweet treat for those you work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment