Tuesday 5 May 2020

Recipe: Triple Choc Chunk Shortbread

I love shortbread, I just don’t like making shortbread. Yet all I’ve been craving lately is shortbread, specifically the triple chocolate shortbread my local bakery sells. But at nearly two quid a pop for the same size portion as I cut mine, I thought it was time to bite the bullet and make my own because not only does homemade shortbread taste better, it’s going to save me a ton of lunch money.

Ingredients 
- 115g Butter
- 175g Plain Flour
- 55g Caster Sugar
- A Pinch Of Salt
- 100g Chocolate Chips (White, Milk & Dark)

Method 
1- Pre heat oven to 180C. Line a tin of your choosing with greaseproof paper, I chose a round tin so I could get that more classic triangular shape to my shortbread.
2- Into a bowl place your plain flour, caster sugar and salt.
3- Add your butter and rub together with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. This is a bit of an arduous job but is practically the only way to make a delicious short, melt in the mouth shortbread.
4- Now it’s time to add your chocolate chips. Now I think I went a little overboard but I have to admit it works. Initially I put 100g of all three in but then sprinkled extra in because it didn’t look enough to me. If you don’t want to have as much chocolate in there as I have you can cater the amount of chips you put in.
5- Keep rubbing and kneading the mix together until it starts to form a dough. You may need a little water to help bring it together but that’s normal.
6- Now you can easily roll this out and cut into whatever shapes you like but I decided to just press my dough into the tin as it saved me time and I find it bakes a bit better if it’s handled less. If you’re not cutting your dough into shapes just press your dough into your tin of choice and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
7- Once cooked leave to cool in the tin. The middle may still be a little soft when you take it out but cooling it completely in the tin allows for that to firm and cool evenly.
8- Then all that’s left to do is cut into triangles or squares or whatever shape you baked them into and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment