Monday 1 July 2019

Mid Year Beauty Favourites

 
How is it July already? How are we already halfway through 2019? I literally can't believe that we are now entering the second half of the year. But with half of the year having already passed, I thought it was time to share with you five beauty products that I've been obsessed with over the last six months.

Loreal can be very hit and miss as a brand but earlier in the year they released a hit that I've not been able to stop using since I brought it. Their Infallible Magic Essence Drops are singlehandedly the best budget friendly primer drops available at the moment. A little questioning in their colour but actually amazing for both the skin and any make up applied over top. Not only do they help with the longevity of your make up, they also help to moisturise, soothe and even out the appearence of skin beforehand. They are literally my go to primer when I'm prepping my skin and the size of the jar whilst decent is also travel friendly and will last an age as only a miniscule amount is required for great results.



For the longest time I've been a massive fan of the Pixi Glow Tonic. It was my go to AM acid based toner but back at the beginning of the year I finally branched out and tried another that I'd been eyeing up and I haven't looked back since. The REN Ready Steady Glow Toner has completely changed how my skin looks and feels. Gone are the days of dull, lifeless looking skin. My skin has never looked better, it's softer, brighter and apart from the generic hormonal breakouts once a month, my skin has been a lot clearer since I started using this toner. After my AM cleanse, I douse a cotton pad with this toner and swipe it around my face, the lactic acid based formula working to exfoliate and clarify my skin. I still occasionally use the Pixi Glow Tonic but this toner has taken it's top spot.



Another product I finally picked up towards the beginning of the year comes from Revolution. Their 30% AHA+2% BHA Peeling Solution isn't one for the faint hearted, it's extreme exfoliation and purifying properties really giving the skin a workout. Red in colour and left on for ten minutes maximum, this mask is a great once a week treat for the skin. I love using this before any big event that I have coming up just to give my skin a little more of a pick me up that can sometimes be lost when your skin has gotten used to a product. Unless your skin is used to products that have a high percentage of acid in them, I'd say this isn't for those with more reactive/sensitive skins as it's quite potent and can take a bit of getting used to.

I've tried many a liquid lipstick formula and I have a few I love but earlier this year Flower Beauty was finally released over here in the UK. And their liquid lipsticks quickly reached the top of my favourite lipsticks list. These liquid lipsticks are very mousse like in texture which makes them feel very lightweight on the lips. They dry down to more of a traditional powder matte finish but they're still comfortable and long wearing without leaving you with prune lips. Opaque in one swipe, these lipsticks don't require a lot of work to create a stunning lip look but where they are so lightweight, they're easy to layer without creating a cracking, balling or drying the lips out. I have two shades so far out of the collection and I've worn them more than I've worn some of my other 'favourite' liquid lipsticks this year.

And my last mid year favourite is one that's still quite new out but I've loved enough to already be halfway through my second bottle. I adored the Barry M Setting Sprays when they first released them so when I heard they were doing a more skincare based Serum Spray I was intrigued. I didn't know if they were going to be any good and out of the two they initally released, the coconut one is the better one of the two. And oh my god, this spray is amazing. Ultra fine, light feeling on the skin that leaves it feeling hydrated and ready for the next step in your skincare routine. I can't get enough of this and have a tendency to spritz this over top of my make up in place of setting spray to keep my skin hydrated. It's also quite cooling and would be even more cooling if placed in the fridge before use which makes it the perfect product to keep on hand throughout Summer. I can guarantee that I'm going to go through many more of these before the year is out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment