Saturday 19 October 2019

Autumn Lip Edit

Happy Saturday! Autumn if you haven't already worked out is my favourite time of the year. I can wear all the cosy clothes, eat the super yummy food and Halloween, my birthday and Christmas are just that one step closer. But one of my favourite things about Autumn is that I can dig all my darker lip shades out and wear them on rotation until March when Spring dawns. So today I'm sharing with you just a few of my favourite shades to wear this Autumn and even later on in the Winter. 

My first and possibly my favourite lipstick of all time is the Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Out Loud. It is the perfect shade for Autumn/Winter and I've lost count of the amount of compliments I recieve when I wear this. It's a deep orange almost pumpkin shade that suits my fair tone stunngingly but would also suit more medium/deep tones beautifully. It's your standard matte liquid lipstick formula which means it can be drying if your lips are properly prepared beforehand but a bit of lip balm before and it wears comfortably for an amazingly long period of time. I've eaten and drunk whilst wearing this and the transfer is minimal. It's usually on the very inside of your lip that your lose anything if you do get any transfer at all. It's easy to top up/redo and if applied in thin layers, it can easily be layered up to make it last that little bit longer. 

If you don't fancy paying Smashbox prices, a good high street dupe for Out Loud is Groundbreaker from Maybelline. From their amazing SuperStay Matte Ink Range, Groundbreaker is a slightly more red toned burnt orange shade that will suit so many skin tones beautifully. On me the orange tones in it are more noticeable but I think on more medium to dark skin tones the red undertones are going to shine through and make it pop. These Matte Inks have the weirdest formula but they work well for people like me who have a tendency to forget lip balm on the regular. Long lasting, comfortable to wear, transferproof but no the normal powdery formula of a matte liquid lipstick. These still have a slight sheen to them and they don't completely dry down. There is always a slight tackiness to them that would make you believe they'd transfer easily but they don't. I've eaten burgers, roasts, KFC and more with them on and they haven't budged. If you're looking for something that's a little bit bougee but won't embarress you on date night, these are perfect for you. 

The second shade of the Maybelline SuperStay Matte Inks that I'm going to recommend to you is Founder. It's a deliciously dark berry shade that gives any look a vampy twist but isn't unwearable like a darker shade that they have in the range. I love pairing this shade with tops in black, white and grey as each colour gives this shade a different tone and it's amazing how it works. If I'm not feeling burnt orange shades during Autumn, this is the shade that I go to. It reminds me slightly of the infamous Rimmel/Kate Moss Shade 107 which was everyone's ride or die shade when I first joined the beauty community but without the drying, powdery matte formula. 

A more neutral shade from the Matte Ink Range that is still suitable around this time of the year is Soloist. This is actually one of four new shades that they released at the beginning of Autumn. It is a lovely greyish, lilac shade that doesn't look as bad as it sounds on the lips. It is a nice twist on a neutral or a berry shade during this time of the year and depending on your skin tone, depends on how much of the pink undertone shows through it. I seriously can not get enough of these liquid lipsticks, their so low maintenance whilst having such a high maintenance pop of colour that just makes any look. 

And the final lipstick and the final shade of Matte Ink I want to recommend in this Lip Edit is Pathfinder. Now as you can see it's more a pink shade but it's not a bubblegum pink but infact a raspberry pink. It's deeper pink tone means that fairer skin tones like mine can actually wear it without worrying about looking like Barbie. The tear shaped doe foot applicator distributes just the right amount of products onto the lips and it's pointed tip gives you a sharp line that not even some lip liners can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment