Friday 17 January 2020

2019 Non Beauty Favourites

Happy Friday! This week I've been sharing with you my make up and skincare favourites from 2019 and today I'm back to share with you all of my non beauty favourites from the last twelve months. I've got a mix of everything from films to albums to style and adventures. There are no books as I'm going to talk about those in a seperate post but there are still loads of favourites to come. Shall we get into it?

Albums: 2019 was an amazing year for new albums and new music. There were five albums that I absolutely adored during the last year. I can't acutally put my finger on which of these are my absolute favourite and if you've listened to them then you'll know why. Thank U, Next from Ariana Grande started the year off strongly and whilst it took a few listens to really love the album as a whole, it became a staple of many playlists of mine this year. The same could be said for both Lover by Taylor Swift and Romance by Camilla Cabello. Each one took a couple of listens to really enjoy them as a whole but now they are staples in my daily listening. Ocean by Lady Antebellum is the heartbreak album of the year. There are so many emotional, powerful numbers that on bad days can make me sob like a baby. Be Patient With My Love and Ocean are two stand out numbers from the album and I'm dying them to announce their tour dates so I can try and get the chance to hear them both live. And then Luke Evans released his much anticipated album and I am in love. I already knew he could sing but damn that man can sing. His renditions of If I Could Turn Back Time and At Last are phenomenal and I can't wait to hear them live when me and mum see him in London in April.

Films: There have been so many good films released throughout the last year and it was hard to narrow it down to my absolute favourites. Yet one film made it onto the list before it was even released and that is Rocketman. I'm a huge fan of both Elton John and Taron Egerton so Egerton playing Elton in this biopic was the perfect pairing. Egerton's voice on the soundtrack was outstanding and his performance as Elton was phenomenal. I personally think it should be one that's considered for an Oscar Nomination. One film that broke my heart into a million pieces was Avengers: Endgame. I still can't find the right words to describe how this made me feel apart from heartbroken. It was an amazing to tie up the first three phases of the MCU and whilst I'm looking forward to what Marvel are going to do next, I'm also apprehensive because so many of my beloved characters are no longer going to be there. A film that I didn't realise I needed to see until the trailer was released was Maleficent: Mistress Of Evil. I adored the first film and didn't understand where they could take a sequel but Disney absolutely smashed it out the park. Angeline Jolie and Elle Fanning were phenomenal in their reprisals of Maleficent and Aurora but it was the addition of Michelle Pfieffer as the villianous queen that really gave this film it's oomph. And you know it's good when mum gives it a five star rating when she can barely stay awake during films. The last film I loved in 2019 was a bit of a latecomer and is considered terrible by many. And that film in 6 Underground. Directed by Micheal Bay and starring an all star cast including Ryan Reynolds, Dave Franco and Ben Hardy, this no barrs hold, explosive, action packed film has that slightly trashy feeling that many an action film has but is also packed full of humour, witty one liners and beautifully choreographed actions sequences that the ex film studies nerd in me loves. If you haven't checked it out on Netflix, I highly recommend watching it.



TV Shows: 2019 wasn't the biggest year for TV for me, most of my favourites are recurrences from previous years and are shows that I've watched for years. Chicago Fire was a show that I had fallen out of love with until 2019 where I binged watched all the seasons I'd missed and I'm now all caught up, waiting for it to return from it's Winter break. Yet during the year I finally caved and got Netflix (I know I'm late) but it introduced it to two amazing shows that I thoroughly adored. The Witcher is a late entry onto this list but definitely worth it. Henry Cavil is absolutely amazing as Geralt Of Rivia, the fight choreography in the first episode had me hooked enough to binge half the season just as I wrapped Christmas presents. And the second show I binged in a day and can't wait for the second season to drop on January 17th is Sex Education. I'd heard everyone raving about it but hadn't gotten around to watching it myself. It's absolutely hilarious and I spent half my time crying with laughter. It's definitely the modern day equivalent to Skins and if the second season is as good as the first, I can see it featuring again in my 2020 Yearly Favourites.

 Adventures: I have been on so many different adventures throughout 2019. The scariest yet the one I'm most proud of is the promotion I took at work. I didn't intend on taking a promotion last year but the opportunity arose and after a lot of debate, I decided to go for it and it was the best decision I made last year. I'm so proud of how far I've come and how hard I worked to prove I was good enough, something I'm definitely going to carry on in 2020. Apart from that me and Jasmin went on many an adventure, inluding seeing Aladdin in the West End, Shawn Mendes at the O2, Nightmare Before Christmas Live at Wembley and getting tattoos for her birthday. Yet the one night of the year that stood out to me was the night we went to see Carrie Underwood at the Wembley Arena. I'd been waiting ten years to see her live and getting to see her Cry Pretty Tour in person was phenomenal. I cried like a baby, literally for a good half the show. It was magical to see my idol live for the first time and couldn't get over how flawless her voice was live.


No comments:

Post a Comment