Tuesday 7 July 2020

Recipe: Lemon And White Chocolate Shortbread

Oh shortbread how I've gone from hating making you to wanting to make only you. Today I'm back with yet another shortbread recipe. After making my delicious Triple Choc Chunk Shortbread earlier this month, I wanted to see what else I could add to my standard shortbread recipe. It's always difficult trying to find flavour combinations that work but this combination is divine. Lemon and white chocolate is the combo I chose in the end, the sweetness of the white chocolate blending beautifully with the tartness of the lemon. And the addition of both lemon zest and lemon juice created a beautiful dough that can together easier than any other shortbread dough has ever done.

Ingredients
- 115g Butter
- 175g Plain Flour
- 55g Caster Sugar
- Zest Of One Lemon
- Juice Of Half A Lemon
- Pinch Of Salt

Method 
1- Pre heat oven to 180C. Line a tin of your choosing with greaseproof paper, I chose a round tin again as I found it gave me a better end result as I'm not rolling and rerolling my dough at all.
2- Into a bowl place your plain flour, caster sugar and salt.
3- Add your butter and rub together with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. This is a bit of an arduous job but is practically the only way to make a delicious short, melt in the mouth shortbread.
4- Now it’s time to add your lemon zest and lemon juice. You don't have to add the juice but I find it gives it that little bit of a kick that you don't get from the zest alone.
5- Keep rubbing and kneading the mix together until it starts to form a dough. Usually you need a little bit of water to help bring this together but the lemon juice works as a binding agent and helps to bring the dough together quickly and easily.
6- Now you can easily roll this out and cut into whatever shapes you like but I decided to just press my dough into the tin as it saved me time and I find it bakes a bit better if it’s handled less. If you’re not cutting your dough into shapes just press your dough into your tin of choice and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
7- Once cooked leave to cool in the tin. The middle may still be a little soft when you take it out but cooling it completely in the tin allows for that to firm and cool evenly.
8- Then all that’s left to do is cut into triangles or squares or whatever shape you baked them into and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment