Sunday 12 July 2020

Recipe: Flapjacks

I love a good flapjack. You know that buttery melt in the mouth kind of flapjack where you only plan on eating one but end up eating three instead. That’s my kind of flapjack and when I was looking through my recipe ideas for the year I realised I’ve never made and shared a flapjack recipe with you. So today that’s changing and here is my first of many flapjack recipes.

Ingredients
- 150g Butter
- 250g Porridge/Rolled Oats
- 75g Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsps Golden Syrup

Method
1- Pre hear oven to 180C. Line a 20cm square tin with greaseproof paper.
2- Into a large saucepan place the butter, sugar and golden syrup. Melt together over a medium heat, stirring regularly.
3- Once everything has melted together take the pan off the heat and pour in the porridge oats. Mix together until everything is covered in the butter/syrup mixture. At this point you could any other ingredients you like. I was tempted to add chocolate chips to my flapjacks but decided to leave it as a traditional flapjack instead.
4- Pour your oat mixture into your prepared tin and press down with a knife or the back of a spoon.
5- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Leave to cool in the tin for five minutes and then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
6- Once it has cooled you can easily drizzle melted chocolate, Nutella or even peanut butter over the top and leave to set. If you want them plain however this is the part of where you cut them up and help yourself to a slice or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment