Monday 11 May 2015

Make Up Haul

Over the last couple of weeks I've picked up a few make up bits, some I've had my eye on for a while and some new releases that caught my eye. So I thought I'd share them with you as quick post between my normal weekly scheldule.

I picked up these two new colour releases from the Barry M Quick Dry Polish collection. There new releases are very summer based, all very bright and some even sparkly. There was only two colours that stood out to me, Need For Speed and Get Set Go. Need For Speed is a bright lavender toned purple and Get Set Go is a bright corally pink shade. Both polishes are opaque in one coat and leave a glossy shine to the nails. These will look amazing with a tan in the summer but for now I'm wearing Get Set Go on my tootsies to brighten them up a bit.

The next product I picked up was another Barry M polish and another new release. From their Gelly Hi Shine range I picked up Sugar Plum this beautiful pink almost raspberry shade. When it comes to these polishes I always make sure I pick up the latest shades when they come out. Thick formula, opaque in one coat and a high gloss finish, these are a must have in my collection. This shade will be beautiful in the summer but can also be used as a transition shade as we come into autumn.

I will admit I picked this up purely for the packaging. However after some reading up on it, I am excited to try this out. With a formula containing vitamins and cucumber, this product is supposed to wake eyes up and nourish lashes. I'm intrigued by this and from the look of the brush it's going to be right up my street. Also it smells of cucumber which is supposed to soothe tired eyes and help them look more awake and refreshed. I will be doing a review on this soon when I've given it a go.

This purchase has been months in the coming. After seeing everyone talking about this I thought it was about time I tried out the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in EastEnd Snob. And I can see why everyone raves about it. I've worn this a couple of times and while I love the colour and the finish, I find the application can be tricky. I've only had it a couple of weeks and have already snapped some of it off. That aside I really like this lip liner and if you're looking for a pinky nude lip then this is definitely what to go for.

This is a new release from Loreal and to begin with I wasn't very interested. I thought that these new Infallible Glosses were exactly that, glosses. However I was pleasently surprised to find that they did matter shades as well. So obviously I had to pick one up. I got the shade Smoke Me Up which a brilliant raspberry pink shade, perfect all year round in my opinion. The applicator reminds of one I've seen from YSL recently and I'm intrigued to see how it applies. As with the mascara I will be doing a full review once I've worn it.

I'm not exactly thrilled by this product but I'm working on ways to make it work. This is the Kate Moss for Rimmel in 101. I've been on a nudey pink lip binge lately and when I swatched this I thought it would be perfect but it doesn't come across like that on the lips. It still looks quite shiny for a matte finish and the shade is one that doesn't quite suit my skintone. However I'm going to try and pair it over EastEnd Snob to see if it neutralises any of the baby pink tones in it.

The last product I picked up is probably a boring purchase to some but I think no one can ever have to many grey/grey toned nail polishes. I love the Colour Show nail polishes from Maybelline and this one is no different. Called Sidewalk Strut this is a part of a new range of nail varnishes releases to celebrate 100 years of Maybelline. Opaque in one coat but absolutley stunning with two coats, this is a beautiful colour that I'm going to wear all year round.

Have any of you tried any of these? Do you have any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment