Sunday 24 May 2015

Top 3: Eye Make Up Removers



When it comes to eye make-up removers I've never been able to stick to one. They're either too greasy or don't remove my make up well enough. However over the last couple of months I found 3 that I rotate on a nightly basis.


L’OrĂ©al Absolute Eye and Lip Make Up Remover
This is the only duo phase product that features in this Top 3. It is my favourite of three because it's one of the best drugstore eye make-up removers out there. Like most duo phase products this contains an oil that breaks down your eye make-up while the other half solution soothes the delicate eye area. However unlike other duo phase removers this doesn't leave a greasy residue on the skin. The formula is strong enough to break down all eye make-up and lip products but doesn't leave skin irritated afterwards. Non-drying and soothing on the eyes this remover is suitable for even sensitive eyes but still removes all traces of make-up.


Simple Kind To Eyes Eye Make Up Remover
Between this and the Nivea one I couldn't say which one is better. They're both gentle formula's that require a little bit more work to make sure everything is removed. Like other products in the Simple range this has no fragrance and is packed with skin loving ingredients that makes it perfect for people with either sensitive skin or eyes. It doesn't leave skin greasy but does require slightly more work to get rid of every trace, I'd advise that you soak the cotton pad more than rub harshly at your eyes. If you're someone who likes to know what's in your skincare products than this is more than likely going to be better for you than the Nivea one.



Nivea Extra Gentle Eye Make Up Remover 
Even though it's not something I should care about, this product has the best scent out of the three of them. It smells just like the rest of the Nivea range which makes it quite refreshing on the skin. Just like the Simple one, this is a non duo phase formula designed to be extra gentle on eyes. It doesn't leave a greasy residue on the skin and leaves skin feeling refreshed and free from irritation. As with the Simple one it does take a bit more work to make sure everything's gone but I'd advise even with the L’OrĂ©al one that you use more product on the cotton pad than rub at your eyes. I always used to wonder why I went through eye make-up remover so quickly and then it hit me one night that I was using more than was probably necessary just so I didn't irritate my eyes. Suitable for people with sensitive skin and eyes this is an alternative to the Simple one if you just want a good eye make-up remover and aren't worried about what goes into it. 

So that was my Top 3 Eye Make Up Removers. Have you tried any of these? Did you have any recommendations? If you please let me know, I'm always looking for new products to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment