Thursday 28 May 2015

Review: Barry M Matte Me Up Lip Crayon

I've never tried a Barry M lip product before. It's been a mixture of not getting round to it and a shade range that to me wasn't that desirable. When this were released at the beginning of the month my eye was automatically caught.

Like I do with most new lip releases I went for the shade of red they've released, and in this case it was because none of the other shades looked like they would have suited me. I honestly didn't know what to make of it to be honest. It reminded me of other chubby stick-esque products on the market but was willing to give it a go. And I really like it.

The packaging reminds me ever so slightly of a Crayola crayon. I really like the ridge inside the lid that locks it into place, meaning I have no worries about the lid becoming loose or falling off in my handbag. My only issue with the packaging didn't have shade name on it just a number. I had to look it up on the Boots website and the colour I'm showing you is called Make A Statement.

Upon inital application I was pretty sure I wasn't going to like this product but after a bit of work it all fell into place. It looks shiny when first applied to the lips and moves around on the lip a bit especially when you're trying to neaten it up. Yet once it dries to a matte finish it doesn't budge. I ate and drank while I wore this and it didn't transfer one bit. It dries to a true matte texture but isn't extremely drying on the lips like some can be. My lips still felt really moisturised and soft when I took this off.

The shade itself looks like a blue toned red when I first applied it and reminded me slightly of Mac's Russian Red but as the day wore on it changed. It changed to more of an orangey red, almost tomato red. It still suited my skintone but because of the colour change throughout the day, it is a product to wear on a day where you're doing flawless skin and nothing else. When it comes to suitability of the shade, it would suit most skintones, the blue tones probably remaining longer on slightly darker skin tones. It's a brilliant shade for fair toned people, giving that real pop of a colour to a look.

If you're looking for a new Summer shade or are just like me and can't resist anything matte and red then this is definitely for you. Long lasting, non drying and a brilliant day or night shade this rivals some of my higher end lipsticks for a fraction of the price.

Available now from Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment