Friday 8 May 2015

Spring Nail Edit

 
I showed you my Spring Lip Edit last week so I thought it only fair to show you my Spring Nail Edit this week. I found picking out the chosen producs hard not only because I have a ton of nail polishes but mainly because I just wanted to pick all Barry M. However I reigned myself and picked 5 different colours from various brands and I hope if you're looking for a new spring nail colour you find inspiration.


Barry M Quick Dry in Eat My Dust
This first colour is one of my most recently purchased colours but I absolutely love it and find myself reaching for it constantly. This grey toned cornflower blue is perfect for someone who wants to rock pastel nails but doesn't want it to look to girly. It is also a perfect rework of a neutral nail, the grey tones eliminating any brightness that is associated with blue shades. It takes two coats to give this polish an opaque finish or looks nice as a sheer wash of colour over the nail. However given that these have a brilliant drying time, two coats won't take half as long as some polishes do.


Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Prickly Pear 
I have tried tons of lavender toned purple polishes in my time but this is the one and only for me. Not to bright but not too pale this gives a stunning pop to nails but keeps it girly and spring like at the same time. One coat is opaque but if you're really looking for that pop then two coats is the way to go. It dries quicker than some formulas I've tried and leaves a brilliant shine that can last for a good two to three days.

Nails Inc in George Street 
I'm not a massive fan of pink nails but this colour is just the right shade of pink for me. With beige undertones this looks like a baby pink in the bottle but actually comes out more of a browny pink. It makes a brilliant neutral nail and two coats give it a beautiful opaque finish. However if Nails Inc isn't in your budget Barry M have a purse friendly dupe. Their classic nail paint in Ballerina is slightly more pinky toned than George Street but still has a neutral tone to it making it an easy way to do pink nails without looking like a barbie doll.

 

Nails Inc in Porchester Square
This is one of my alltime favourite nail polishes but working where I do I just can't fathom wasting such a beautiful colour. This it the ultimate greige toned nail varnish and really is the Hero Shade of Nails Inc. As with other colours from Nails Inc, Porchester Square is opaque in one coat but looks that little bit better with two coats. However if you're looking for a brilliant dupe Barry Gelly Hi Shine in Almond is nearly an extact match at only half the price. With the same greige tone and glossy finish Almond is brilliant for anyone like me who have a very hands on job.

 Maybelline Colour Show in Green With Envy 
I was going to show you a beautiful mint green from Barry M for my last product but I decided to shake it a bit. This polish from Maybelline still has a spring tone to it but is more along the lines of an apple green to a mint green. As with the others it's opaque in two coats and leaves a stunning glossy finish but that's not what makes this an amazing nail polish. Once applied and sealed in with a top coat this polish can go a good 7 days without chipping no matter what your hands are doing. These are lesser known polishes from Maybelline but I highly recommend you check them out.

Have any of you tried this? if so then what did you think? Do you have any other recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment