Monday 18 May 2015

Review: Rimmel Wonder'Full Wake Me Up Mascara



I will admit that when I first saw the Wake Me Up Mascara I didn't really pay attention to anything but the packaging. I'm a typical makeup magpie and have to any new product that launches, especially if it has shiny packaging. However once I got past the shininess of it and read what it was supposed to do I was intrigued. I already liked the original Wonder'Full Mascara and was intrigued to see if this version lived up to my expectations.

It claims to contain vitamins and cucumber extract to help soothe eyes and nourish lashes. The brush which is shaped like an hourglass and coats every lash while giving eyes a refreshed and wide eyed look. The first thing you notice when you open the packaging is the distinct smell of cucumber, it's not unpleasent and doesn't irritate eyes. Once applied you can't smell anything but eyes do feel soothed and more awake. 





The formula of itself seems quite wet which for me makes it easier to apply to the eyes. It doesnt transfer from the eyes and there is no fallout or flakiness after a few hours wear. The shape of the brush sits nicely along the contour of the eye and when small zig zag movements from the root to the tip are applied they give a really nice natural wide eyed look. It also makes eyes look more awake and refreshed, which makes it perfect for wear on long days. 














Unlike some mascaras on the market the bristles on this brush are evenly spaced apart meaning no matter how many coats you apply it won't clumpy. I personally like to apply two coats of this mascara, one to give volume to my lashes and hold the curl and an extra coat to give a bit more wow to my natural looking yet wide eyed look. I have slightly hooded eyes and usually mascaras that have amazing volume don't look that good on me but this one distracts from the hoodiness of my eyes as my lashes do all the talking. 

If you're wondering does the formula make it harder to remove then the answer is no. This mascara removes the same or if not better than many of the others I own. Any eye make up remover can be used it doesn't have to be a special duo phase product or anything stronger than your normal eye make up remover. This product may not be suitable for sensitive eyes as the scent may irritate eyes but if you don't have problems buying mascara then I highly recommend you try it out. 

If you're a fan of the orignial Wonder'Full mascara or are just looking for a one that gives eyes a bit more definition then this product is for you. Easy to apply, brilliant results and a not so hefty price tag the Rimmel Wonder'Full Wake Me Up Mascara is perfect for ladies who are looking for a new mascara but find choosing from all the brands daunting.

Available now from Boots and Superdrug

No comments:

Post a Comment