Thursday 11 June 2015

My Morning Skincare Routine

If there's one thing in my everyday routine that I make sure I never miss it's my morning skincare routine. Until a couple of years ago I never really bothered with my skin but now I can't go a day without my routine. Before I tell you what products I use, I will say that while I have senstive skin and the products I use work for me, they may not work for everyone with sensitive skin.

Clean and Clear Cleansing Lotion 
This is one of my holy grail products that I've been using since I was fourteen. I've gone through countless bottles of this stuff because the results never change, I still get an amazing clean feeling like I did the very first time I used it. It looks ever so slightly intimitating in the bottle but is one of the best cleansing lotions out there. I tip a more than generous amount onto a cotton pad and sweep it over my face, making sure to avoid my eyes. Instantly my face feels refreshed and ready for the day. Even though I thoroughly cleanse my face every night I'm always surprised at how much grime shows up on the cotton pad. Once I've used this my face feels cleansed and more awake and ready for the next step of my routine.

Superdrug Vitamin E Refreshing Toning Mist 
First of all please excuse my lack of lid, my room is like a lid graveyard. Once it's off it's gone forever. This is one of my favourite products at the moment and I'm constantly reaching for a spritz of this. After I've cleansed my face I spritz a few pumps of this over my face and pat in any excess. Instantly my skin feels hydrated and softer, any moisture I've lost replaced. It has a light fragrance which makes it perfect for mornings but the scent doesnt linger on the skin. However I do advise that you keep your mouth closed when spraying this, it doesn't taste as good as it smells.

B Energised Eye Cream 
I love this eye cream so much. It's results are that good that I've even got my mum and best friend hooked on it. This product is my saviour on those mornings when I've had too late a night and need to give my eyes some TLC. I rub it between my fingers and pat it gently over and under my eye area. I'm sure if my eyes could sigh in relief they would. The gel like formula is brilliant at soothing and cooling the under eye area. It smoothes skin out creating a great base for my make up later. If you 're looking for a more in depth review, I have spoken about it here.

Clearly Youthful Hydrating Day Serum
When I first tried this product, I hated it. The overpowering smell made me less eager to slap it on my face. I persevered with it though and I'm so glad I did. The hydration it gives my skin is mind blowing and the smell doesn't even register with me now. Two to three pumps of this does my entire face and leaves my skin feeling so soft and moisturised. My skin has never looked or felt better since I started using it and even though it's packed with tons of Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids, doesn't make my skin break out.

Garnier Moisture Restore + Night Cream 
Yes I know this is a night cream and I'm using it at the completely wrong time of the day but I can not find a day cream that gives me better results. Unlike most creams, this is a gel formula so it glides across my skin softer than most creams do. This and my day serum make my skin so soft that I sometimes catch myself stroking my cheek (I know weird). I find that most day creams leave my skin feeling dry and uneven, making it harder to apply my make up. This one doesn't though, it leaves my skin feeling smooth and hydrated, what I consider the perfect base for make up. It doesn't leave skin feeling tacky so that I don't have to wait for it to dry when I'm in a rush.

So that's my morning routine. What's your morning routine? Have any of you tried these products? Do you have any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment