Thursday 25 June 2015

How I change my make up for the season

  
When it gets to this point of the year where the weather turns warmer and everyone focuses on summer make up looks, I always change up my make up. They're only small changes but I find that as the summer gets hotter they still create a good make up look but without the extra coverage or products.
The first thing I do when it comes to changing my make up is change my base. I put away my higher coverage foundations for lighter bases. A couple of my favourite lighter bases are the Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude in Ivory and the Bourjois CC Cream in shade 31 Ivory. They're both light coverage products but can be built up to a medium coverage if necessary. If you'd prefer more coverage I'd suggest going in with a concealer as they give the same coverage but won't create cake face or make it obvious you're wearing a lot of  make up. I personally like these products because they give my skin a chance to breath but still cover any imperfections I want to cover.
The other option for base product if you don't want to wear foundation everyday is a BB Cream. They're brilliant as they give a sheer hint of coverage as well as providing skin with the same benefits of a moisturiser. There is only two on the market that I've found that I like and they are the B BB Cream and the Garnier BB Cream. Out of all those on the market, these two are perfect for my fair skin and help cover any imperfections I may have whilst giving my skin an extra boost. They also give me that dewy glow I want during the summer without making me look shiny.
Moving on from base products the other major change I make to my summer look is switching out my lip colours. Having fair skin and dark hair I find myself constantly drawn to berry tones and red lipsticks to give my look that bit of wow. Yet in the summer I find my usual colours don't work for me. Last year I dived head first into wearing hot pink shades and I think I will definitely be bringing them out again this year. Some of my favourites are the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets and Revlon Colourburst Matte Balms. I'm not going to go into too much detail about these specific colours as I will be doing a Summer Lip Edit in the next couple of weeks.
However if you aren't as confident wearing such bright shades a good alternative is the Smashbox Be Legendary Matte Lipstick in Punch Drunk. It's a stunning raspberry toned lipstick that still has that wow factor but isn't as bright as some of the other pinks I've mentioned. And if you're not a big fan of pink shades in general, tomato red shades always look gorgeous in the summer. Rimmel, Bourjois, Revlon and MAC all do their own brilliant versions of them in a series of matte and sheen finishes.

And that's all for my summer change ups. I don't wear a lot of make up anyway but these few changes, especially to my base products helps my skin breath more during the hotter months and makes getting ready quicker. If you've got any recommendations for a seasonal make up shake up then please leave them in the comments box, I love hearing about what other people use.

No comments:

Post a Comment