Monday 29 June 2015

June Favourites

It's that time of the month again. This month I rediscovered my love for an old product but more than anything I've been trying out new products and loving them, so I thought I'd tell you about them.

Maxfactor Facefinity 3 in 1 Foundation in Warm Almond
This is my rediscovery of the month. I originally brought this back before Christmas and used it
religiously but then I found my interest turning to other foundations in my stash. However this month I pushed the others to the back of my stash and started using this again. For me it's like a flawless skin day in a bottle. With a buildable medium coverage, this hides all my imperfections in one layer. I do use a moisturiser to sheer out the colour a little bit but it gives a stunning flawless finish to my skin everytime. I've spoken more in depth about this product here.

Maybelline Matte Maker Mattifying Powder in Classic Ivory
This is a product I've been looking at for a while and finally picked up this month. And I'm so glad I did. This powder combined with my Maxfactor foundation gives me what I call ultra porcelain skin. It's a light powder which means it doesn't look cakey on my skin. A light dusting of this goes a long way and makes my make up last longer than normal. I'm sorry to say that as much as I love my Bourjois Healthy Mix, it may be retired to the draw of back ups as this become a firm part of my everyday make up. 


Garnier Miracle Sleeping Cream
This became my hero product after the first use. I scoffed when I first saw the advert for this product as I didn't believe that it could change skin overnight but I was wrong. Usually when I wake I have extrememly bad dark circles, redness and the occasional bit of sallowness to my face but that has all completely gone. This cream has changed everything, my skin looks more glowy and feels more hydrated than it ever has. It leaves it in a brilliant condition not only for my morning skincare routine but also for my make up. The cream itself has a bouncy texture and reminds me a lot of the Body Shop's Drops of Youth Bouncy Cream but with a smaller price tag. A little bit goes a long way and whilst the cream is thick there isn't any tackiness on my skin after I've used it. 


Palmer's Cocoa Butter Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion 
Not only have I managed to find the perfect product for my face this month, I've also managed to find the perfect product for the rest of me as well. The Rapid Moisture moisturising spray is so quick and easy to use as well as smelling phenomenal. I spritz my legs and arms with this every morning when I'm getting ready for work. The best thing about this product is that you don't have to wait for it to dry, it's instantaneous so that you can put your clothes on straight away. It leaves my skin feeling ultra soft and refreshed and the coconut scent lingers well after it's soaked into your skin. If you're looking for a more in depth review I popped a post up on monday about it here.

 COLAB Sheer Invisible Dry Shampoo in Monaco
My last beauty favourite of the month is a dry shampoo. There are sometimes when my work is hectic and I don't get time to wash my hair so I chuck some of this in. I've always been a fan of Batiste but not of that slight white cast that it can leave behind. However this beauty from fellow blogger Ruth Crilly leaves no white cast and gives hair that refresh it needs. I have a feeling the Monaco scent is limited edition (I hope not) but has become my favourite because it's such a fresh scent and seems to do more for my hair than the other scents I've tried. I love this so much that I've actually got two back ups and a travel sized one in my stash. 


Operator- War Horse
This month I discovered a band called Operator fronted by the crazy talented Johnny Strong and I was automatically hooked. It's not the kind of music I would normally listen to but I found myself listening to all their albums constantly. My favourite though it their latest called War Horse. I'd call it a mixture of rock and heavy metal which is something I wouldn't usually listen to but there's something about this album that just dragged me in. Strong's voice is amazing and the guitar riffs are insane. War Horse, No More and Idols are definitely my favourites off the album, there's something about them that makes me pay attention to them more when I hear them. If you're looking for a new album to listen to or you're looking for something outside your comfort zone to listen to I hightly recommend you check War Horse out. 

That's it for my monthly favourites. Have you tried any of the mentioned products? If so what do you think? Have you any recommendations for me? If so let me know in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment