Sunday 25 September 2016

September Favourites

It's that time of the month again. No not that time. It's September Favourites time.

This month I've been all about those fall lip colours. So NYX's Matte Lipstick in Alabama has been right up my street. It's a deep blue toned red that has a brownish undertone. If you're fair like me then this will definitely be a brilliant colour for you. It makes teeth look whiter and gives skin a somewhat flawless looking finish. It's a dry matte texture but once it's applied it doesn't feel drying or uncomfortable. It's pretty transfer proof and doesn't smudge or smear. I've loved wearing this to work this month as it really adds an autumnal hint to my look.

A skincare favourite I've been loving this month is Liz Earle's Instant Skin Boost Spritzer. It contains the same ingredients that their Cleanse And Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser and is extremely soothing for people with sensitive skin or who suffer with redness or irritable skin. A couple of spritzs of this and my skin feels toned, soothed and moisturised all at the same time. I only have a travel sized at the moment but will definitely be picking up a full sized bottle when this runs out.

Another skincare favourite of mine this month is the Origins Clear Improvments Charcoal Mask. This is a beast of a mask. Definitely not a mask to do when you've got a big event coming up. I love this mask as it gurantees to get all the crap out of your skin. It's very similar in formula and look to the Loreal Pure Clay Detox Mask but a lot more potent. A little bit goes a long way and it dries down harder than a normal clay mask. Once it's taken off your skin feels ultra cleansed and purified and then a few days later it's like boom, spots hoorah. But don't worry it actually makes skin better in the long run. I need to pick up a full sized bottle of this and keep it on standby for skin emergencies.

Barry M released a setting spray at the beginning of the month and it's knocked my Maybelline Setting Spray off the top. It comes in two finishes, Matte and Dewy. I have the Matte finish spray and it's the best setting spray the high street has to offer. A fine mist that doesn't drench the face or move make up around sets make up to matte finish which will stay in place all day. Usually I look a lot shinier when I've finished running around at work but with this spray my face is still matte and in place. I did a full review here if you're interested.

And my final favourite of the month is one that I didn't have particularly high hopes for. The Gosh Cover and Conceal had high claims that I didn't think it would meet but I was very happily surprised. A medium to high coverage foundation with a satin finish gives skin a flawless look whilst still keeping skin looking natural. A little bit goes a long way and it helps cover things such as blemishes, uneven skintone and redness. It's a not the lightest formula but it does still feel like your skin can breathe while you're wearing it. A perfect foundation for the upcoming colder months.

No comments:

Post a Comment