Monday 5 September 2016

Review: Barry M Hydro Primer Water and Setting Spray

 
When I saw that Barry M were releasing a Setting Spray and a Primer Water I knew I had to buy them. The High Street is seriously lacking in Setting Spray's and Primer Water's, so it's nice to see that brands such as Barry M are branching out and taking a risk with their new releases.

The Setting Spray comes in two finishes. Dewy or Matte. I picked up the Matte finish as I'm not a big fan of dewy skin. I like my foundation to be matte so it lasts longer. The spray is a very fine mist that doesn't leave skin feeling wet when it's applied. It sinks into skin quickly and doesn't smudge any lipstick or eye make up you may be wearing. Once it's set on the skin it really does help prolong your make up and even if you do build up a sweat when you're doing whatever it is your doing then no worries, your make up will stay in place and still look as fresh as it did when you first applied it. I put this up against the Maybelline Setting Spray which I've been a big fan of since it was released and this spray beats it. Something I didn't think would happen.

Hydro Primer Water's are very hard to come by on a budget and the only other one I've tried is from Make Up Revolution. It wasn't that good and ended up being used to dampen my beauty blender. However this release from Barry M is very good indeed. It has the same fine mist as the setting spray and doesn't leave skin feeling soaked. It doesn't take too long to sink into the skin and once it has, skin feels smooth, soft and hydrated. It works well in conjunction with other primers. I use this before I apply my Benefit Porefessional and it doesn't affect how that applies over top. Skin feels smoother and hydrated for longer no matter how much make up you have on over the top. You could also use this for a facial spritz to give skin a hydration boost throughout the day.

For products that are hard to come by on a budget these a surprisngly good for their budget. At £4.99 these aren't the biggest bottles on the planet but if you look past that you have a brilliant product inside that is definitely a higher quality than it's tiny price tag. If you're heading to a Barry M stand anytime soon, I'd say definitely check them out.

Have any of you tried these? What did you think? Let me know in the comments. 















No comments:

Post a Comment