Friday 2 September 2016

Review: Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipsticks A16 Release

When Maybelline released their matte lipsticks this time last year I was overjoyed. And the shade I grabbed is one of my favourite lipsticks so when they announced they were releasing six more shades I had to get my hands on them. And I'm so beyond happy I did.

The two shades I picked up are Ruby Rush and Burgundy Blush. Ruby Rush is a dark blue toned red that really pops on paler skintones and makes teeth look whiter. And Burgundy Blush is a dark purple with brown tones that will really turn heads when the colder weather comes in. There are two more shades called Midnight Merlot and Berry Bossy that have caught my eye. They're both berry toned shades that will work wonders from the beginning of autumn all the way through to winter. And with quality of these lipsticks I'd be stupid not to pick them up.

 These lipsticks are exactly the same highly pigmented, opaque and creamy lipsticks like they're predecessors. There is no need to line the lips beforehand with these as the sharp edge of the bullet makes it easy to outline the lips as you apply it. These are really creamy to apply and one swipe will give you highly opaque colour that doesn't look streaky or patchy. And once they're on the lips it's almost as if they set straight away. They don't budge. Normally the sides fade slightly with most matte lipsticks but these don't even budge. And they don't smudge or smear like the initial releases in this line. They're not uncomfortable to wear and once they're on you won't even know your wearing it. I wore both for a good six/seven hour day and they didn't budge and I actually forgot I had them on.

If you're looking for a new lipstick/s for the upcoming colder months then I'd highly recommend picking the new Matte lipsticks up. There is a stunning range of colours and they are the same quality of some of the better high end lipsticks.

Have any of you tried these? What did you think? And what are your favourite shades? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment