Monday 15 January 2018

New In Beauty

It's January which means for us in the beauty world, it's new release season. And as always there are tons of new releases from make up to skincare, budget to high end. To say there were a lot that caught my eye would be an understatement. However I spent a lot of time looking at them all both and in store and managed to whittle it down to the five that I thought were the best for me and today I'm giving you a look at what's new this month.

Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara £8.99
This is probably my favourite of the five. I didn't think Maybelline could top their Lash Sensational that sent the beauty world a flutter in 2015 but it seems they have. Their Total Temptation Mascara as blown the Lash Sensational right out the window. A tapered bristle brush, this mascara claims to give all the length and volume they'll ever need. It's also a unique formula infused with coconut oil and with a whipped, mousse like texture that is still quite wet formula wise but it doesn't transfer when you're applying or throughout the day. Out of five stars, I'd give it five. It's a brilliant mascara and I can't wait to share my full review with you all.

Loreal Smooth Sugar Scrubs £9.99
This next release was one I didn't even know was coming out so soon. I'd seen them on Instagram but it said they were currently only available in the US. But when they appeared in my work, I knew I just had to buy them. The Loreal Smooth Sugar Scrubs are a trio of face scrubs that combine white and brown sugar granules together with other ingredients such as Grapeseed Oil, Kiwi and Cocoa Butter to create a range of scrubs for all skin types. There are three to choose from the Smooth Sugar Clear Scrub with Kiwi Extracts to exfoliate, unclog blackheads as well as reducing and fighting imperfections, the Smooth Sugar Glow Scrub with Grapeseed Oil to exfoliate and improve skin's radiance and then finally there is the Smooth Sugar Nourish Scrub with Cocoa Butter to soothe, exfoliate and nourish dry skin. The full review of these will be going up at the beginning of February and I'm looking forward to sharing my full thoughts on these with you all.

Maybelline SuperStay Matte Inks £9.99
Late last year, Maybelline released a new lip product called SuperStay Matte Ink. I brought one out of curiousity and whilst I liked it, I didn't reach for it much. But they've just released a whole range of nude shades, all of which are gorgeous and I'm obsessed. I only one of the new so far and it's the shade Ruler but it's amazing. The formula is that of a liquid lipstick but instead of being a powdery matte when it dries down, this is ultra comfortable to wear and still has a slight sheen to. It's completely transfer proof and stays comfortably in place for a good six to eight hours. The new nude range is definitely one worth checking out if you like nude lipsticks or just a good long lasting liquid lipstick.

Barry M Candy Culture Scented Nail Paints £3.99
I'm a big fan of Barry M Nail Paints and when they release new shades or new collections, I have to have them. And it was no different with this new range. I was intially attracted to the shades in their Candy Culture range but when I found out they were scented as well I knew I just had to try them out. There are four shades in the range but I only have the three that appealed to me the most. They are Coconut Cream, Blueberry BonBon and Strawberry Laces. Now you may be thinking that they've just cleverly advertised these as scented nail paints but they really do smell. One coat dries down to a semi matte finish gives a hint of the scent but add a second coat and you get a strong, delicious scent that lasts for a while after you've initally painted your nails. Of course it doesn't last forever but it lasts long enough without becoming distracting or offputting as you wear it.

Pixi Rose Tonic £10
And the last new release comes from Pixi. This month they have a whole of host of skincare products coming out from cream cleansers to new oil blends. The one that caught my eye almost immediately was their new toner. Pixi are famous for their Glow Tonic but it's obvious that not everyone will be able to use it, so they've come out with a new Tonic. The Rose Tonic is a rose and elderflower based toner aimed at dry/sensitive/reactive skin to alleviate any dryness or tightness that can occur after cleansing or throughout the day. It's lightweight, not overly fragranced but nourishing and works wonders on the skin. I've tried this a couple of times and so far I'm impressed. It's perfect for using to give skin a nourishing, hydrating boost after a long day or after a face mask to prep skin for serum and moisturiser.  

No comments:

Post a Comment