Wednesday 24 January 2018

Recipe: Galaxy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've been bitten by the baking bug. Usually I spend a couple of months releasing my inner Mary Berry and then it goes away but we're nearing six months of wanting to constantly bake and it's not going away. So I've decided this year that I'm going to post more recipes that I've baked whether they be seasonal specials or recipes I just absolutely adore.

Today's recipe was my first try at making cookies from scratch and whilst they didn't come out as I planned but they're still delicious. Please excuse the dodgy photo, I didn't realise that I hadn't taken a picture of them until most of them had been eaten. So I quickly took one before the container was compeltely empty.

Ingredients
- 150g Salted Butter, softened
- 80g Light Brown Muscovado Sugar
- 80g Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 225g Plain Flor
- 1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 200g Galaxy Chocolate, broken into chunks

Method
1- Pre heat the oven to 170c. I always do mine a little higher to warm it up then turn it down when I put them in as I find it gives them a more even bake. Plus my oven takes forever to warm up so I like to guarantee that it's somewhat hot when I place them in their.
2- Line a baking tray/sheet with baking parchment. I prepped three trays as I wasn't quite sure how many cookies this was going to make.
3- Place the butter, granulated and muscovado sugar into a bowl together and beat until creamy. You could do this by hand but I used my stand mixer and the paddle attachment.
4- Add the vanilla extract and egg and beat again.
5- Then into the mix sieve the salt, bicarbonate of soda and plain flour into the bowl. If you're using a stand mixer, I'd adviser taking the bowl off the base as I had a very floury inccident when I tried to keep it attached to the base.
6- Break up the Galaxy and add to the mix. I left the chunks quite big as I didn't fancy crushing it up and I like how it looks in the finished product. I took my bowl off the base once more when it came to adding the chocolate as I mixed it in with a wooden spoon so that all the chocolate was combined and not left on the paddle of my mixer.
7- Once everything was combined I used my hands to create small balls of cookie dough and placed them evenly spaced on my baking tray. I managed to get five on each tray but if you went with smaller amounts of dough, you'd probably get more on a tray.
8- Bake in the oven for 8-12mins or until the edges are golden brown and the centres still a little wobbly.
9- Once cooked, leave them to rest on the tray for a couple of minutes. This allows the centre to set and firm up, making them less likely to stick to the baking parchment you used to line the tray.
10- After a couple of minutes is up, transfer them to cool completely on a wire rack. Then once their cooled or whilst their still warm, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment