Monday 22 January 2018

Top 3: High End Cleansers

When it comes to cleansers I don't have a preference, I'll happily use both high end and budget friendly. If they work with my skin, don't break me out and cleanse my skin well, I'm not really bothered about the price. Back in September I talked you through my Top 3 Budget Cleansers but lately I've found myself reaching for more high end cleansers. So today I thought I'd talk you through my Top 3 High End Cleansers.

Now this first one you could all probably guess was going to be featured. The Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm is one of my favourite cleansing balms of all time. It's thick, nourishing and works wonders on my skin everytime I use this. I'm not going to babble too much about this but this balm is perfect for both make up removal and second cleansing. I much prefer this as a second cleanse as it means the ingredients get to work deeper into the skin and it gives skin a better dose of hydration and nourishment than if I use it as a initial cleanse. After every use I find my skin feels clean, nourished, hydrated and soft to the touch. Sure it's pricey at £39 a pot but when the results are as amazing as they are every use then it's well worth it.

High end cleansing balms really seem to float my boat as my second most reached for high end cleanser is the iconic Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm. This is a balm to oil cleanser that breaks down even the most long wearing make up, including waterproof mascara. And even though it's an oily formula, this is lightweight and gentle on the skin. Never has my skin felt stripped or irritated after I've used this and a little goes a long way. This is my go to cleanser when I'm wearing a full coverage foundation or a particularly hard to remove mascara. I've been using this for nearly a year now and I haven't even come near to touching the bottom yet. You definitely get a good amount of product for the price.

And the last high end cleanser that I use religiously comes from Pixi. Their Glow Mud Cleanser has changed how my skin both looks and feels with each use. With 5% Glycolic Acid, this cleanser not only eradicates make up but it also gives skin an gentle exfoliation and deep cleanse so it appears clearer and brighter after each use. It's thick in formula but doesn't weigh skin down or clog pores when you use it. I've been using it since about March last year and I still have a fair amount of product left in the tube even though I've used it countless times to both remove make up and cleanse skin.

If you asked me to choose between the three of these I don't think I could. I love them all equally and they all work wonderfully with my skin but I think if you insisted I choose, it would probably be the Pixi Glow Mud Cleanser. It's a dual focus product that removes make up but also exfoliates skin in an easy and efficient manner. It's the most budget friendly of the three but that doesn't make it my favourite. I don't mind paying out for any of these cleansers as I love how they make my skin feel, so a few extra pound isn't an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment