Monday 17 September 2018

Five Things I'm Looking To Add To My Autumn Wardrobe

 
I'm not the biggest follower of fashion, I'm pretty much a girl who loves basics that can easily be dressed up or down depending on the occasion and my mood. This year that has changed quite a lot and I've really learnt how to step out of my comfort zone and try styles that previously I'd have steered clear of. And with that has come a clear idea of the kind of style I want to wear throughout the different seasons and the pieces I lack in my wardrobe that'll complete the look. And looking through my saved pins on Pinterest, I've noticed there is a few things I'm missing from Autumn/Winter wardrobe and today I'm talking you through them and maybe some of you will know where I can look to find the perfect piece.

rockmystyle.com
A Leather Jacket 
I hate jackets. For as long as I can remember, I've barely worn a jacket during the colder months, much preferring a thick jumper and scarf to keep me warm. However this year I'd quite like to change that. It comes from having a ton of slogan type t-shirts that I won't get to wear during the colder months unless I have a suitable jacket to layer over top. The particular style I'm looking for is a biker style leather jacket or faux leather if we're being honest, there's no way I can afford real leather right now. Primark had the perfect one, slightly cropped with nice matte silver hardware and decorative buckles that weren't too cumbersome. It was only £25 and would be the perfect accompaniment to many an outfit I had planned out in my head. However Primark never seem to have it in stock or in my size and the other styles they have just aren't cutting it for me. Asos had a similar style jacket but it was longer in length and I'm on the fence about whether it would cut off at the wrong point and make me look like a sack of shit or if it would be a better length than the Primark jacket.

fromluxewithlove.com
Knee High/Over The Knee Boots
Something I wanted to add to my wardrobe last year but didn't get round to it was a pair of over the knee boots. I love the aesthetic of how they look paired with jeans and an oversized jumper or even with a oversized jumper dress. I did worry that they wouldn't be on trend again this Autumn/Winter but luckily for me they are still a big trend and my search for the perfect pair has started again. I do find it slightly tougher to find the perfect pair as I have a bigger calf than most and many pairs of knee highs/over the knee boots don't fit over my calf. However I think if I look for a suedette/fabric style pair instead of leather, I should be able to find a pair quicker than before. And whilst I like the look of a block heel that would give my short statue a boost but for comfort a flat heel/boot would be appropriate. If any of you know where I could find some designed for larger calves that don't cost the earth, please let me know, I'd be beyond grateful.

A Low Heeled Everyday Ankle Boot
Now I know this sounds very specific but I have a very specific idea of the kind of boot I want. I already own a pair of nice heeled boots that I wear on nights out during the Autumn/Winter but I want something similar that I can wear during the day to smarten up an outfit and make me look a little more polished than normal. I'm not too bothered about the material whether they are fabric/suedette or leather but I'd prefer them to have a pointed toe and a block heel. I've tried on several pairs but they've all been either too high heel wise or they come too high up the ankle and cut my leg off in a weird place. Out of all the options I've looked at, the ASOS boots are my favourite and I think before the months out, I'll probably have brought them.

A Pair Of Blue Jeans 
Way back when I used to live in blue jeans, ill fitting blue jeans but blue jeans all the same. And then I just started wearing black jeans and haven't looked back. However there are times when I really want to pair a t-shirt, jumper or a hoodie with blue jeans and I just don't have in my wardrobe. Yet finding that perfect pair of blue jeans is like looking for the holy grail. I can manage to find the right wash/shade but they always either too small/big around the waist or too long a leg length. Or they fit perfectly fit me around the waist and the leg but are the completely wrong wash. I've been looking for since the beginning of the year and still I haven't found my perfect pair.

A Nice Handbag That Isn't A Backpack 
Over the last few months I've become obsessed with backpacks. They're so easy to use and allow my hands to be free to pick up even more stuff as I'm shopping. However as the colder months draw in, I'd quite like to get myself a new handbag that can be worn either cross body or just from the shoulder. I've seen a lot of okay designed handbags on the high street but not one has caught my eye. There was one in Primark that gave me major Prada vibes with it's constellation style design but I don't know if it's slightly larger size ruins it and takes away from the design. I tried to find a picture of it online but we all know trying to find pictures of Primark products online is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

**All photos were found/taken from my pinterest and each has a link to it's original owner throughout the post. I'm just using these as inspiration/a way to show you what I'm looking for. I am in no way trying to take credit for these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment