Friday 28 September 2018

Review: Revolution Fast Base Concealer

Make Up Revolution or Revolution as it's now known was never really a brand I was interested in until they started releasing quality products that didn't scream gimmick or tack. I instantly fell in love with their Conceal And Define Concealer as well as their Fast Base Foundation Stick. So when I saw they were releasing a matching Fast Base Concealer, I just knew I had to try it.

Advertised as a medium coverage concealer that'll highlight, brighten and banish dark circles, the Fast Base Concealer is very reminiscent of the Maybelline The Eraser Eye Concealer. Suitable for all skin types, this concealer has a sponge tip applicator which is both a pro and a con to this product. The pro is that you can easily place the concealer where you want it on the face whilst the con is the fact that a little bit goes a long way and the sponge applicator distributes way too much product from one click.

I like this concealer. It's a good price point, with good coverage and longevity but comes across a little wasteful. One click is more than enough to cover under the eyes as well as elsewhere on the face but one click distributes what I believe to be too much product most of which gets wasted or distributed unevenly on the face. And what does get wasted ends up sitting on the sponge applicator or in my case smeared all over the lid. However I'm willing to look past that as it's coverage and longevity is some of the best I've seen from a high street beauty brand. I can easily wear this for a good eight to nine hours without powder or the need to touch up my base. It doesn't go cakey or crease under the eye area, just makes them look brighter and more awake, something I'm grateful for at the moment. I have the shade C1 and it doesn't make me look ghostly under the eyes and works well to cover any redness or blemishes I may have without standing out too much against the shade of my foundation. If you didn't like the Conceal and Define Concealer from Revolution then I think you'll really like the Fast Base Concealer, it's a completely different coverage and feel on the skin, a perfect concealer for those who like a slightly lighter base.

No comments:

Post a Comment