Monday 24 September 2018

Monthly Favourites: September

Where on earth has September gone! One minute I'm planning out Septembers posts and the next I know, I'm writing this post. September has been a good month for discovering not only new beauty products but also for discovering an array of non beauty favourites as well.

Let's kick things off with a skincare favourite. Towards the end of last month I managed to get my hands on the newly released Pixi Retinol Tonic. At first I was dubious about trying it as I'd never used a retinol based product before but oh boy I am now converteed. Ever since I started using this back at the end of August my skin has completely changed. Dark marks left over from blemishes had been dramatically reduced or have gone completley, my skin feels softer and looks brighter. Any texture I had on my face has disappeared and apart from a hormonal break out on my chin, I haven't had to fight with any breakouts or painful under the skin spots. My only regret is that I didn't buy the full size bottle of this but this travel friendly bottle has been brilliant for trying it out.

 During the Summer months I lost my interest in make up. The heatwave we in the UK had made wearing make up unbearable and I reverted back to my teenage self and went bare faced for a solid few months. However the cooler weather is rolling in now and September has been the month where I rediscovered my love for make up. And with that came two new releases that fit brilliantly into my Autumn Lip wardrobe. The new Maybelline SuperStay Matte Inks in Groundbreaker and Founder have been the only things I've been wearing on my lips since I got them. Both of these are highly pigmented, long lasting and comfortable to wear. I wore Groundbreaker at work last week and it lasted my entire eight hour shift without the need to reapply at all.

The last beauty favourite I have this month is a new concealer from Revolution. Their Fast Base Concealer is a lightweight, buildable coverage concealer that highlights wonderfully under the eyes as well as around the face. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this to begin with but it surprised me with how well it covered and highlighted, especially around my under eye area. It has a sponge applicator which works well to distribute the product but gets dirty very easily. It reminds me a lot of the Maybelline The Eraser Eye Concealer but with a much better shade range.

It's finally here! Ever since April I have been counting down the days until Carrie Underwood released her new album Cry Pretty. And that wait is finally over! It has been on repeat ever since it was released and I have way too many thoughts to coherently put together in this post. I have a full review of this album coming this week and I can't wait to share all my thoughts on it with you. I will say though that's made me smile, made me cry and been stuck in my head every day. If you haven't heard, I highly recommend you check it out.

Another favourite that has only been on for two weeks is Sky's new drama A Discovery Of Witches. Based off an already popular book trilogy, this new small screen adaptation stars Matthew Goode and Teresa Palmer as Matthew Clairmont and Diana Bishop, a vampire and a witch who are thrown together after Diana discovers a bewitched manuscript that attracts the attention of witches, vampires and daemons alike. Thrown in a forbidden love and the beautiful backdrop of Oxford and you have me hooked. It's only two episodes in but I'm already obsessed and dying for the next episode. The chemistry, the tension between the two lead characters is palpable and has you on the edge of your seat everytime they're on screen together. I highly recommend you catching up on it on catch up, you won't be disappointed I promise.

Something a little less dramatic but equally as good is Netflix's latest animated comedy Disenchantment. From the creator of The Simpsons, Disenchantment follows the less than royal adventures of Princess Bean and her friend Elfo and Luci. I liked this, it gave me Rick and Morty vibes but with a slightly darker humour; most of which is provided by Luci, and was great as something to switch off or relax to at the end of a day. I powered through the whole season in a week but was a little disappointed in the ending of the last episode. It came across as a little rushed and fell flat as a closing episode.

Two style favourites I've loved this month have come from Primark. The first is this gorgeous, obviously faux leather Chloe inspired backpack. I just love this. It's not massive but still fits a generous amount in it and doesn't bulge or loose it's shape if you overfill it. The faux leather is extremely soft and doesn't scratch or scuff easily. I've been wearing this non stop, it's simple design means it goes beautifully with any outfit and it's slouchy yet lightweight feel means it doesn't weigh me down or leave me feeling uncomfortable.

And the last favourite I have for you this month is this gorgeous pair of leopard print converse. These are from Primark and I absolutely adore them. They're ridiculously comfortable and look great paired with a slogan tee and some jeans. The leopard pring isn't too light which makes them wearable with both black and blue wash demin. They were only six quid and whilst they don't scream extravagant, they are a great way to dip your toe into the leopard print trend without going full on or spending a ton.

No comments:

Post a Comment