Tuesday 20 November 2018

GRWM: 26th Birthday

 

Happy Tuesday! This Saturday just gone I turned a grand old 26. I spent the day doing a spot of Christmas shopping, a little bit of self indulgence followed by watching The Grinch with my mumma. I thoroughly enjoyed the day and thought I'd share with you the look, outfit and accessories I chose to celebrate my 26th birthday.

Primer 
I've gone a little insane with the amount of primers I use at the moment. I've kept my usual trio of the Barry M Hydro Fix Primer Water, Maybelline SuperStay Primer and Maybelline Master Prime Anti-Redness Primer. But I've also added a fourth primer to the mix and I can't say I'm angry about it. The MUA Pro Base Primer Oil gives me quite a few YSL vibes and helps to give skin a healthy glow whilst nourishing and keeping it hydrated under make up. I only use two small drops of this otherwise it quickly escalates from glowing goddess to sweaty mess but it's exactly what my skins been needing now that the colder weather has arrived and zapped the brightness out of my skin.

Base 
For base I went in with my holy grail foundation. The Revolution Conceal and Define Foundation is the only foundation I've reached for since it's release. It never lets me down and today was no different. When I'd finished dotting my face with it's giant doe foot applicator, I took my damp beauty blender and bopped it in. I love how full coverage this foundation is without being too heavy or cakey on the skin. And it's lasting power is ridiculous, just another of the long list of reasons I love it so much.

Concealer 
For concealer I went in with my trusty Maybelline The Eraser Eye. It never fails to cover my forever present dark circles. You don't necessarily need a lot but after a later night than planned on Friday, I needed a little more than normal. I mixed it in with a little of the Revolution Conceal and Define Concealer to neutralise some of the yellow tones of the Eraser Eye as well as giving a brighter, more awake look to my under eye area. I blended this out with my damp beauty blender, making sure to really blend it out so there was less chance of it creasing or fading over the day. Then I popped a little of the Conceal and Define Concealer on my forehead and down the centre of my face to just cover the areas my foundation always manages to give less coverage to. Again I blended it all in with a damp beauty blender, making sure to blend down my neck slightly so that everything meshed together nicely.

Brows 
I never used to fill in my brows but since I started using the E.L.F Brow Pencil, I've filled my brows in everyday. I start by brushing my brows out with a damp spoolie. It just helps to get rid of any stray brow hairs as well as removing any foundation that may be sitting in my brows. Then I gently filled in my brows with the E.L.F Brow Pencil, focusing mainly on the front of my brow where the hair is more sparse. Then with the spoolie on the end of the pencil, I brushed through them again to get rid of any excess product or loose hairs. I do usually go in with a brow gel to set them in place but I was slightly pushed for time so I opted to go without and they didn't go anywhere all day.

Lashes 
For my lashes I went in with my holy grail duo. After curling my lashes I liberally coated them in the Benefit They're Tinted Primer. This not only helps keep a curl after mascaras applied but also works to look after lashes both when you're wearing mascara and when you're not. I've tried a few lash primers but always find myself coming back to this one. Then I followed it up with a generous coating of the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. This has a nicely sized bristle brush that catches every single lash, even the tiny ones and lifts them to give a defined, volumised look that lasts all day.

Lips 
I love a bold lip and was originally planning on going for a bold lip when I was thinking out what I wanted to wear on my birthday but a couple days beforehand I wore a nude lip combo that I instantly wanted to wear as many times as possible before I got bored of it. I started off with the PS Love Lip Liner in Rosewood Mauve and gently outlined my lips, over drawing my upper lip slightly to give a more even appearence. Once I was happy with the shape, I went in with the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Patina. It always look more pink toned in the tube but when applied it has a almost greyish undertone that gives it a more wearable colour for my skin tone. I took care to only apply a thin layer so that it didn't become uncomfortable or irritating as the day wore on.

Setting
Once everything was done and I was happy with it all, I went in with my trusty Make Up Revolution Sports Fix Make Up Setting Spray. This has an ultra hold finish to it and gives skin a mattified appearence, something I enjoy when paired with the MUA primer. A quick sprtiz of this and my make up was complete.

Outfit 
For my outfit I wanted something that was cosy, cute yet comfortable and this round neck jumper from Primark has all of that and more. I paired it with some high waisted black skinny jeans and my Primark Chelsea style boots, which unfortunately killed my feet before the day was out. Then for my bag I went with my trusty Primark Chloe-esque backpack which may look small but can surprisngly hold quite a lot.

 Accessories 
I've never been a big jewellery girl. Sure I wear earrings on a daily basis but other that I never used to wear any other jewellery. But lately I've started wearing necklaces again and can't get enough of two or three similar styles layered together with a chunky knit or over a basic t-shirt. All of mine come from Primark, my favourite being the horn necklace which also comes in silver and looks great paired with a darker colours. Sure they get slightly tangled throughout the day but it's not hard to untangle them or to get the clasps back into their original place. I very nearly forgot to put them before I left the house and only remembered as I felt slightly naked without them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment