Thursday 22 November 2018

What I Got For My Birthday

 
On Tuesday I shared with you a GRWM that I created for my birthday and today I'm back with what I'd say is my final birthday post but I do have another birthday centered one coming on Saturday. Today I'm doing my What I Got For My Birthday. And before I go any further, this is by no means a way for me to show off. I just want to share with you thoughtful gifts that I have recieved and maybe it'll give you some gift ideas for any upcoming birthdays you might have.

From my mum this year I didn't recieve a lot as she kindly gave me £200 towards buying a new iPad back in the Summer. However she wanted me to have something to open other than just a card. So she brought me this beautiful Nightmare Before Christmas travel mug. It's not just the multitude of Jack Skellington faces I love so much about this mug, it's the intricate barely there pattern underneath them that's remniscent of a design from the film itself. I already had a perfectly good travel mug but the lip on it was really deep and hard to drink from so this new mug will certainly become my new go to tea mug when I take a cuppa into work.

My stepdad never knows what to buy me so he usually goes halves with my mum on a present. This year however they've decided to do that with one of my Christmas presents instead so for my birthday he ever so kindly got me a Primark voucher. Now some may turn their noses up at that but I bloody love a stroll round Primark and can easily spend a good thirty quid or more when I'm in there. So of course while I was out on my birthday I just had to spend it. I did get one more item that isn't pictured here but that's because it's got to go back as I didn't like it when I got it home. I also got some underwear with it but didn't think you would want to see my knickers so I didn't add them to the picture. When I saw the Mary Poppins range had arrived I just had to get something and what better item to get than the snuggly fleece. I'm mad for a Primark fleece, I have tons from their Harry Potter and Disney collections and can't resist buying another when I see them. I can't wait to snuggle under this with a hot chocolate and a Christmas film. Lately I've been really enjoying wearing necklaces either on their own or layered up over a basic knit or t-shirt. And Primark is the best place to pick up on point, inexpensive necklaces that aren't a waste of money if you don't get a lot of wear out of them. I got three in total, two in the same design but just one in gold and the other in silver. They're very similar to another necklace I own with it's flipping coin design. These kinda give me Harry Potter vibes so I have a feeling that I'll be wearing one when I visit the Harry Potter Studios (TODAY!). And the third resembles a pressed penny with a gold bird design pressed into it. I think this will look great layered with other necklaces and a chunky knit. And the final thing I brought was yet more Christmas earrings. I already have a ton but just couldn't resist picking up another set. These have the most adorable stockings and beanie hats and I just couldn't help myself.

And the most exciting of all my gifts, some of which I haven't shared is from my best friend Jasmin. She has ever so kindly paid for the pair of us to visit the Harry Potter Studio Tour. That happened yesterday and I still can't get over how amazing, magical and breathtaking it was. I took so many photos and could have probably taken more but it was quite busy so I think I may have missed a few details. I was in awe over the Great Hall, Forbidden Forest, Hogwarts Express and Diagon Alley. I can't even put into words how much I loved it and I'd happily go again and again and again. There was also a Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them section as you leave and it was brilliant to see all the costumes from the two films. I also met a lovely worker there called Luisa who bumped into me and Jasmin in the Gift Shop and then stopped us again as we were leaving to ask us what we thought of the tour and gave us some amazing extra tidbits about the costumes and the films. I treated myself to Hermione Granger's wand (even though I'm a Slytherin), a Time Turner keyring and a poseable Bowtruckle who I'm absolutely in love with.

And Jasmin also brought me a couple of other little Harry Potter bits to coincide with our visit to the Studio Tour. She ever so kindly brought me a Slytherin Bath Bomb. It has hints of Juniper and Bergamot and I can't wait to use this. She also brought me a Princess Jasmine sheet mask. It's printed to look like her face and I actually can't wait to wear this and take about a dozen selfies with it on. And both of them came in this stunning Slytherin make up bag. It's green, it's Slytherin, it's shiny, what's not to love. This is literally going to go everywhere with me, it's so soft; something I found intriguing for a metallic finish, it's a decent size and it's just the perfect gift for my Harry Potter heart.

Overall I'm feeling extremely lucky and grateful for all my gifts and the time spent with the ones I love. And to top it all off, me and my work bestie Lauren who is now on maternity leave for the next year are going for dinner tomorrow. She only left last Friday but I already miss her like crazy and can't wait to see her and bump tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment