Monday 26 November 2018

GRWM: Harry Potter Studio Tour

Happy Monday! Today I'm sharing with you my final birthday related post and it's one I'm extremely excited to share with you all. On Wednesday I was very kindly taken to visit the Harry Potter Studio Tour by my soul sister Jasmin. I spent ages deliberating on what to wear, what make up to and how extra I could go without looking insane. So today I thought I'd share with you what I wore to visit the Hogwarts In The Snow event that's now taking place at the studio tour.

Primer
My primer concoction is the same as I showed you in my 26th Birthday GRWM. It starts with the Barry M Hydro Fix Primer Water followed by the Maybelline SuperStay Primer and the Maybelline Master Prime Anti-Redness Primer. The extra step that I could go without but love how it makes my skin look is the MUA Pro-Base Primer Oil. It has little gold flecks running through it that gives the skin a gorgeous dewy glow that I just love, even though too much of it can make you look sweaty (not cute).

Base 
My skin was having a good day so I decided to go with something a little lighter coverage than normal. So instead of going in with my normal Conceal and Define foundation from Revolution, I went in with my Rosie For Autograph Amazing Skin Secret foundation. It's more of a light/medium coverage that gives skin a luminous dewy glow but still allows skin to breathe and look like skin. I applied a light layer with a damp beauty blender, making sure to blend more around my nose and under eye area as foundation has started gathering there in a rather unattractive manner.

Concealer 
Concealer was my usual combination of the Maybelline The Eraser Eye and the Revolution Conceal and Define Concealer. Both paired under the eye not only cover any dark circles but also help brighten the area and make you look more awake than you actually are. Blending it out with a damp beauty blender means that you're less likely to get any creasing and that it looks more natural and skin like, especially in the inner corner of your eye.

Brows 
For brows I went in with my E.L.F Brow Pencil. This just makes filling in the sparse areas of my brows so easy to do without looking too obvious that I've filled them in. Then I set them in place with my Benefit Ready, Set, Brow clear brow gel. I like how this doesn't leave brows feeling crispy but still keeps everything in it's place.

Lashes 
For lashes I went in with my trusty duo of the Benefit They're Real Tinted Lash Primer followed by the Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara. The pair of these together gives lashes a volumised, fluttery look that doesn't droop or lose it's volume as time goes on. In fact my lashes looked that good that day, I was sad to have to take my mascara off.

Lips 
I wasn't originally going to wear any lipstick but when I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked a little washed out so I popped a light layer of the Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink in Seductress on. That didn't do much to brighten my complexion so I gently pressed a little of the Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in Brown Sugar over top. It gave it all a bit more warmth and added a little more colour to my complexion.

Setting 
I wanted my make up to last all day but I didn't want to use a setting spray with a matte finish that more than likely dry out my skin and leave my skin looking less than good at the end of the day. So I went in with the Make Up Revolution Hyaluronic Acid Setting Spray. Not only does it help make up gel together well, it also has all day long hold and a moisturising formula that helps keep skin looking hydrated and gorgeous throughout the day.

Outfit 
As soon as Jasmin told me she'd booked the tickets for the tour, I knew I wanted to wear something Harry Potter related when we went. And Primark are just killing it with their choice of Harry Potter clothing and pyjamas. There was quite a few things I could have chosen from but I went with this Slytherin sweatshirt in the end. It's fleecy inside so kept me really warm and snuggly as we walked the tour, oversized to give me room to move and obviously celebrated my House colours.






 I paired my sweatshirt with black jeans and my fake VANs from Primark. These are so goddamn comfortable it's unbelievable. I did wonder if my feet were going to hurt from all the walking I did that day but they were fine and I could have easily walked the tour a good two or three times more in these shoes. My Chloe inspired backpack finished my outfit off and surprisngly held a lot for a smallish backpack.









 Accessories 
And the last thing I wanted to show you all in this GRWM was my necklaces I wore that day. Lately I've really enjoyed stacking two or three necklaces together and playing with designs, lengths and metals. For my trip to the studios I went with three necklaces, all of which gave me Harry Potter vibes. The shortest of the three looks like a pressed penny with cut out details surronding a bird design. The bird reminds me of Fawkes so I thought it only fitting to wear that. The second is one of my all time favourites and is horn shaped necklace that you see all over sites like ASOS and Monki. It reminded me of the Basilisk fang, something that relates with me being a Slytherin whereas the last necklace I wore gives me major Hermione Granger vibes and will have to act as a stand in for a Time Turner until I save up and buy my own. This flip coin necklace comes on a much finer chain and flips a full three hundred and sixty but the pressed design is only featured on one side. All three together finished off my outfit properly and I was quite happy for a change with how I looked

No comments:

Post a Comment