Tuesday 27 November 2018

GRWM: A Night Out At Whitney

 
This Saturday just gone me and my mumma went to see an amazing show paying tribute to the icon that is Whitney Houston. I sang and sang and sang some more. It was absolutely amazing, by far one of the best shows I've seen in a while. And of course as it was mumma/daughter night out, I wanted to dress up a little more than usual and today I'm sharing with you everything I wore both on my face and my body for the night.

Primer 
I'll start off by saying I was having a good skin day so I didn't need as much coverage or product as I believed I would. I cut down my primer routine to only two of the four products I normally use to prime my skin. I mixed together the Maybelline SuperStay Primer and the Maybelline Master Prime Anti-Redness Primer. These helped to keep any pink/red tones out of my skin whilst creating a tacky base for my foundation to cling onto when applied.

Base 
For my base I went in with a light layer of the Rosie For Autograph Amazing Skin Secret Foundation. It's got a nice medium coverage, satin finish that lasts all day or night long and doesn't break down or move when your natural oils come through. I blended it all out with a damp beauty blender, taking care to blend down my neck so everything looked seamless and blended together.

Concealer 
As I said my skin was in quite good condition as I got ready so I was able to skip my using my usual Maybelline The Eraser Eye concealer. Instead I just used the Revolution Conceal and Define Concealer. I put several dots under my eyes, dragging the inner and outer corner dots down slightly to highlight the under eye area as well as covering my dark circles. Again I used a damp beauty blender to blend it all out, using any extra to blend over my eye lids to cover the visible veins I have.

Brows 
My brow routine hasn't changed much in any of the GRWM's I've done this month. I went in with my E.L.F Brow Pencil, focusing more on the front of my brow where it's slightly sparse before gently filling in and giving some shape to the tail of my brow. I set it all in place with the Benefit Ready, Set, Brow clear brow gel, taking care to brush through with a spoolie to make sure there was no excess product sitting in my brows.

Lashes
Again my lash routine hasn't changed and I went in with the Benefit They're Real Tinted Lash Primer. I love how this gives your lashes a very natural look which can easily be oomphed up by adding mascara. I of course followed it up with the Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara. I don't if it's the formula or the brush with this mascara but I always find myself reaching for it, even if I've newer ones to try in the drawer.

Lips 
I wasn't sure what I wanted to do lip wise so I went with one of the Maybelline SuperStay Matte Inks in the shade Founder. It's a stunning berry shade that is just the right amount of both pink and purple. The Matte Inks are amazing as they don't budge once set on the lips but don't dry down to a powder finish which means they don't become uncomfortable or drying on the lips. Plus they don't transfer when you eat and drink so it makes them the perfect lip product to wear to dinner.

 Outfit 
For my outfit I went with the grey round neck jumper that you saw in my Birthday GRWM paired with black jeans and my trusty block heel going out boots. I layered the same three necklaces you saw in my Harry Potter GRWM and finished it all off with this small embellished constellation bag from Primark. It managed to fit my purse, lipstick, mirror and the tickets inside of it no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment