Thursday 17 January 2019

Recipe: Rolo Rocky Road

Whilst I was brainstorming recipes to feature here this year, my mind turned towards one of my all time favourite 'bakes'. It's not actually baked as it doesn't need to be cooked in the oven but it's just habit saying I baked when I talk about my creations. Of course I'm talking about Rocky Road, one of the simpler sweet goods that you can make. And you can create it however you want, things such as glace cherries, honeycomb, raisins or in my case rolos can be added to this simple yet delicious recipe and always goes down well with loved ones.

Ingredients 
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 135g Butter
- 200g Digestives, crushed
- 100g Mini Marshmallows
- 100g Rolos
- 2-3 Tbsp Golden Syrup

Method 
1- Grease and line a 18cm square baking tin with greasproof paper.
2- In a saucepan place the butter, dark chocolate and golden syrup and melt together. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon or a silicone spatula so everything is combined and there are no lumps in your mixture.
3- If you haven't crushed your digestives, crush them in a food bag with wooden spoon.
4- Add the biscuits, marshmallows and rolos to the golden syrup/chocolate mix. Combine everything with your wooden spoon or spatula until everything is covered in chocolate.
5- Pour into your prepared tin, spreading it gently so it sits evenly in the tin.
6- Chill for a minimum of two hours; checking intermittedly, in the fridge. Once it's completely set, cut into squares or slices and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment