Monday 11 February 2019

GRWM: Valentine's Day

 
There's only three days until Valentine's and I know a lot of you are thinking about what you have planned, what you're going to wear, how you're going to wear your hair and what make up you're going to go with. Today, I'm sharing with you a look that I think will be perfect for any Valentine's plans you have and won't take you ages to do.

Prime
Primer is one of the key elements for this look. It'll help prep skin for any base product you apply over top as well help with the longevity of your make up. I like to use a trio of products which yes is overkill but for me works wonders. I use a combination of the Maybelline SuperStay Primer, Maybelline Master Prime Anti-Redness Primer and the Loreal Infallible Magic Essence Primer Drops. The combination of the three help to hydrate, smooth and reduce any appearence of redness as well as improve the longevity of my make up. I really like the fact that they're all lightweight so they don't feel like they're weighing my skin down or are going to cause my base products to pill on the skin when applied.

Base 
When it comes to my base, I want it to be flawless but not mask like, light weight and long wearing. Enter the Revolution Conceal and Define Foundation. It's full coverage, lightweight, long wear formula answers every one of my base needs and lives up to it's claims. I currently have to mix the shades F1 and F2 to get the right shade but once it's blended out, it's gorgeous. A damp beauty blender is my weapon of choice, the finish so much nicer and natural looking than if applied with a brush. I always advise taking it down your neck though so you don't end up with that dreaded line.

Concealer
For concealer, I always use the same combination. The Maybelline The Eraser Eye and the Revolution Conceal And Define Concealer. The duo work wonders on covering any darkness surronding my under eye area as well as brightening and making that area look more awake. Again I take a damp beauty blender to blend it outwards, paying special attention to the inner corners where it tends to crease ever so slightly.

Brows
For brows I went in with my trusty E.L.F Brow Pencil. It's not an ultra soft crayon but it's still soft enough to create enough realistic looking definition without scratching the skin. Whenever I fill in my brows, I constantly brush them through with a spoolie to remove any excess product sitting in them or any foundation that may cause the product to ball and pill as the day goes on.

Lashes
I like my lashes to be as big and voluminous as possible but without being clumped or weighed down with product. So once I've curled them, I apply a generous layer of the Benefit They're Real Tinted Lash Primer. It helps to prolong a curl as well as seperate and give depth to my occasionally sparse looking lashes. Then to give them even more volume and length, I applied a generous coat of the Loreal Volume Million Lashes Couture. It's micro bristle brush catches every lashes and gives it a fanned out defined look that lasts all day long.

 Lips 
As Valentine's is coming up, I thought about trying a pink lip instead of the classic red. However I couldn't resist the pull of a red and I've found my new holy grail red thanks to the UK release of Flower Beauty. Their Miracle Matte Liquid Lipstick in Scarlett Letter is the perfect blue toned classic red that will suit a multitude of skin tones. It's lightweight formula makes it feel like your wearing nothing and it doesn't feel uncomfortable or drying after a few hours either. I could resist wearing this and I may even wear this again on Valentine's Day itself. However if red isn't your kind of colour, a nice pink shade will give the look that romantic yet girly vibe.

 Setting 
And to set everything into place so it didn't move or disappear, I spritzed my face generously with the Revolution Hyaluronic Acid Setting Spray. This doesn't only keep make up locked in place throughout the day but it also helps to keep skin hydrated so it doesn't start to look dry or cakey after a few hours wear. I swear by this stuff and I highly recommend it if you're looking for a new setting spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment