Monday 18 February 2019

Review: Maybelline Snapscara

 
Every January like clockwork, Maybelline releases a new mascara. And usually they smash it. They did when they released both Lash Sensational and Total Temptation. So their latest release, the Snapscara has for me personally some very high expectations to live up to.

Advertised as having a new and innovative formula, the Snapscara boasts a gel based formula over that of the usual wax and oil formulation. It claims to free lashes from clumps as well as being smudge proof and flake free, two major let downs in mascaras made of the original combination. It's curved bristle brush is supposed to just glide through lashes, giving them an instant volume boost that lasts all day. And that's where this mascara lets me down.

It's not a terrible mascara but it hasn't blown me away like the Total Temptation or Lash Sensational did. It's brush gives volume easily and distributes a decent amount of product onto the lashes without leaving them clumpy or spidery. However it does just glide through lashes meaning that you end up with more mascara on your eyelids than on your lashes. And because the formula isn't as thick as your normal wax based mascaras, this mascara has a tendency to smudge or transfer before it's dried down, which makes applying setting spray over top or even an accidental sneeze a disaster.

Khila from MissBudgetBeauty recently featured this on her channel and said she felt it needed to dry down more to be a good mascara and I totally agree with her. I much prefer a drier mascara as I don't have to worry about it flaking or smudging, two things this mascara has a tendency to do. A lot of the time when I wear this, I end up with two dark lines along my lower lash line by the end of the day, something I've come to realise I've probably been walking around with all day. For me the only redeeming feature of this mascara is it's removal. Unlike wax based mascaras, this removes like a dream and doesn't leave anything sitting on the lashes to create that dreaded morning after panda eye. If you're looking at Maybelline for your next mascara purchase, I'd highly recommend trying the Lash Sensation, Total Temptation or Push Up Angel mascara over this one. Each has it's own unique brush and whilst they don't have gel based formulas, they give the same brilliant results after every use, something the Snapscara is again lacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment