Thursday 21 February 2019

Review: Revolution 30% AHA+2% BHA Peeling Solution

When Revolution dropped the Make Up and added a skincare line to their brand, I was dubious. There make up was already a little hit and miss for me and I thought that their skincare would be exactly the same, especially when it came to their take on a high alpha hydroxy acid based mask. And I wasn't wrong about their products being hit and miss, but their 30% AHA+2%BHA Peeling Solution blew me away in the best possible way.

Blood red in colour and claiming to contain a whopping thirty percent alpha hydroxy acid formula, this intensive, ten minute mask aims to resurface, retexturise and brighten the skin. This mask is not for the faint hearted and definitely not for those with extremely sensitive/reactive skin. It can be quite intense, even for my skin that's used to having a high concentrate of AHA on it everyday. However the results are worth it and I can't go a week without using it. A quick ten minute go with this mask and your skin will feel like a baby's butt. Sure it tingles, leaves skin a little red but that's nothing a little facial mist and moisturiser can't cure. Yes it's intense but in my opinion it's a lot gentler on skin than a physical exfoliator, it doesn't pull at the skin like a sugar scrub would which for me helps my skin feel less irritated and sensitive afterwards.

Sure it looks like an slightly more pricey copy of the The Ordinary's 30% mask and whilst I have never tried The Ordinary's version, I think I would always prefer this one more. It has a slight fragrance, leaves skin looking a little red but it also leaves skin smooth, soft to the touch and the day after, make up just glides over top like a dream. Plus the way Revolution has marketed all their skincare products, they're a lot easier to understand than that of The Ordinary. It's only £7.99 and works wonders so if you've been thinking about buying The Ordinary's version, I'd suggest checking this one out before you make your final decision. It's definitely one I'll be repurchasing over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment