Thursday 10 September 2015

Autumn Nail Edit

So it's hit September and that only means one thing. Hello Autumn! It's time I say goodbye to all the bright and pastel nail polishes and time to say hello to all the neutrals and darker shades that just scream Autumn. In fact this post was actually turning into a neutral nail edit until I dug deeper into my neverending stash.

Barry M Daylight Curing in Dark Side Of The Shroom. 
The first pick for my Autumn Edit is a new autumnal release from Barry M. It's one of their Daylight Curing Nail Paints in the Dark Side Of The Shroom, a beautiful dusky mauve shade. I love this polishes, two coats and you have a really stunning manicure with a brilliant shine. This particular shade is right up my street and is opaque in one coat. It's a beautiful colour and gives a nice twist to neutral nails. I know I'll be wearing this one a lot this Autumn.

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Mustard 
The next polish I'm going to be wearing a lot of this autumn is another Barry M Polish. This time its from their Gelly Hi Shine range. This particular one is the shade Mustard and as you can see it's bright yellow. It's not a shade I'll be wearing on my fingers but I love to wear it on my toes to brighten them up at this time of the year. Two coars of this and you have a beautiful opaque finish with a shine to die for. I highly recommend checking out the other shades in Barry M's Autumn 14 Range.

Tanya Burr Cosmetics in Penguin Chick
This is a new addition to my collection. Penguin Chick is a beautiful dark grey shade that has a slight khaki undertone in some lights. I've tried some of Tanya Burr's nail polishes before and I wasn't too keen on the brush but this new release from her has a new brush and painting my nails was so much easier. Two coats was enough to give a opaque non streaky finish and even before top coat had a brilliant shine. I'm definitely going to be picking some more colours when I'm near a Tanya Burr stand.

Rimmel 60 Seconds in Rita Rouge
This next polish is one that I don't wear as often as I should but am going to make more of an effort this Autumn to wear. This is deep red shade with hints of purple. I do advise a base coat under this  as it will stain. One coat gives you a good pop of colour but I always add another to make sure it's not streaky and to add depth to the colour as well. It really does what it says on the front and is dry in 60 seconds so it makes doing your nails ten times easier.

Kate Moss For Rimmel In Bewitch
This is one of two dark green shades I love for Autumn/Winter. A deep emerald shade this is another colour that requires a base coat underneath but that layer between the nail and colour really helps the polish apply nicer. Yet again two coats of this gives a great depth of colour and gives a nice shine but I recommend a top coat for adding even more. The brush on this polish is probably my favourite, shorter than some and wider it covers the entire nail in one swipe. As with the 60 Seconds polish this dries quickly and makes doing your nails ultra quick and easy.

Are any of these your Autumn Edit? Do you have any recommendations of what I could add to my Autumn Edit? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment