Thursday 3 September 2015

Clearly Youthful Brand Review

This is a review I've been meaning to do for ages but until recently I hadn't tried all the products. However last week I tried the last two I needed too and I can now stop putting off writing this post. 

 The Clearly Youthful Range is a Superdrug Own Brand Range which is aimed at both ageing and problem skin. They advertise themselves as an affordable skincare range that contains a selection of active ingredients that aid breakouts and help control shine whilst keeping skin looking youthful, radiant and refreshed. 

The Key Ingredients that can be found in this range are Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid and Glycolic Acid to help with skins texture and help reduce any blemishes or imperfections skin may have. Cimicifuga to help prevent any excess shine that appears on the skin. And Phytoprotein and Polyglycan which together makes an anti ageing complex which when paired with Hyaluronic Acid makes skin look more youthful and radiant. 



There are two cleansers in the range. The first is the 3 in 1 Cleanser, Mask and Scrub. Containing ingredients such as Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid and Vitamin E, this products claims to purify and nourish skin whilst removing make up and impurities. I haven't tried this as a scrub or mask yet but as a cleanser it's effective and left my skin feeling softer than my normal cleanser does.





The second cleanser in the range is a AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser. As well as containing AHA and BHA acids this cleanser also contain Allantoin and Bisabol to soothe the skin as well as exfoliate. This is a no water needed cleasner, just pop a squirt onto a cotton and rub around the face until all the residue has disappeared. This was a product I did not like at all. I used a generous squirt of this and only managed to get half of my face done before it ran out. It also dragged across my skin and left it feeling dry. 




 There is also a Glycolic Peel Off Mask and while it sounds slightly intimidating, I promise you it's not. As well as containing Glycolic Acid, this mask contains a blend of natural fruit acids to help exfoliate the skin. This mask is brilliant for reducing the appearence of blemishes and the look of pores. I was intimidated by this when I first purchased this but once I bit the bullet and used it, I immediately fell in love with this mask. It leaves skin feeling so soft, hydrated and the appearence of pores is diminished.
 The product they suggest you follow it up with is the Hydrating Day Serum. This is personally one of my favourite products from the range. Like the other products it contains Salcylic Acid but it also contains Hyaluronic Acid which helps store moisture deeper in the skin. Not only does this help boost skins moisture levels but it also helps to leave skin feeling refreshed, refines pores and helps resurface skin texture. I love to use this both in the morning and in the evening, it leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth and hydrated. It's brilliant on no make up days to give skin a quick pick me up. 



 Aswell as a Day Serum there is also a night serum. The Retexturising Night Serum is a very thick consistency that has a high concentration formula. As well as it's key ingredients this contains Tetrapeptide to help boost Collagen production and Red Algae Extract to aid pigmentation. One squeeze of this does the whole face and helps to improve the skins texture as well as the appearence. I love to use this at night after I've taken my make up off to help soothe and hydrate my skin. 







 One of the more disappointing products from the range is the SPF Moisturising Cream. It contains all the same ingredients as the rest of the range but is more lightweight in it's formula. And for me that's the only positive to this product. I liked how it made my skin feel to begin with but after a couple weeks of use my skin felt dry and had my complexion had changed quite a bit. It left my skin looking sallow and my dark circles were very prominent. I stopped using it after that and now my skin looks like it did before I used this. Another good point about this product is that is contains SPF. 


The last product in the range is a blemish gel. Containing a mix of Salcyclic Acid and Allantoin this lightweight gel formula sinks quickly into skin. As well as soothing the blemishes, this gel decongests and refines pores whilst helping with skin texture. I found that any blemishes I had when I used this disappeared very quickly, the redness dying down after a few minutes. Definitely one of the better blemish gels I've tried.







Overall I'm obsessed with this range. It's afforable, the products are suitable for sensitive skin and you actually see results when you use them. My top three picks from this range are the Hydrating Day Serum, the Retexturising Night Serum and Glycolic Peel Off Mask. The results from all three of these products is immediate and my skin felt better after just one use. I like the Blemish Gel and The 3 In 1 Cleanser/Scrub/Mask but there are other products on the market that give similar results. I was disappointed by the Cream Cleanser and the SPF Moisturiser. There are so many cream cleansers out there that give better results, the Olay Cleansing Milks are brilliant alternatives if you're looking to try a cream cleanser. The moisturiser may not have agreed with my skin but it doesn't mean it wouldn't agree with your's. It's just a case of trial and error but Garnier and Simple do a brilliant range of lightweight moisturisers if you're looking for an alternative. 

Have any of you tried these products? Did you like them? Or did you not? Let me know in the comments. 

Available from Superdrug

No comments:

Post a Comment