Monday 28 September 2015

September Favourites

It's Monthly Favourites Time! This month I had a hard time choosing my favourites as I spent half my month make up free with a cold and when I was wearing make up I was wearing the same thing pretty much every day. However I have managed to choose five products that I've enjoyed this month for you guys.

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in Divine Wine 
My first favourite this month is a new purchase. I've seen this over on American Beauty Channels for ages and now Maybelline have finally released their matte lipsticks here in the UK. The shade that instantly caught my eye was Divine Wine, a deep burgundy, brown toned red. I love this lipstick so much, it's hard to put into words. Creamy, non drying, long wearing and opaque in one swipe this is what I expect from every matte lipstick. I've worn this so much already this month and know that I'm going to get a lot more wear out of it in the coming months.

Loreal Pure Reds Collection in Blake's Red
My second favourite is a rediscovery this month. Long before I got my hands on MAC's Russian Red this was my go to blue toned red lipstick. Long lasting, non drying and a stunning colour I wore this constantly but then Russian Red came into my life and I just forgot about this. But this month it's made a reappearence in my most worn lipsticks. I love pairing this with my Primark red lip liner to give a mixture of a cherry red and a blue toned red. It's still long wearing, non drying and outstanding as a colour and I can see myself wearing this a lot more in the festive season.

Tanya Burr's Nail Polishes in Duvet Day and Penguin Chick 
This is another new purchase for this month. I've tried a couple of Tanya Burr's nail polishes back in their original packaging and while I liked the polish I hated the brush so I didn't have high hopes for this polishes. Yet I was pleasently surprised. The brushes on these repackaged polishes are brilliant. They're still smaller than I'd like but surprisngly they cover the whole nail in one swipe. I have penguin chick and duvet day. Penguin Chick a dark brown toned grey and Duvet Day is a off whitish blue shade. I found two coats of each of these gave a beautiful colour and a high shine without a top coat.

Carmex Original Lip Balm Pot
For half of this month I've had a cold that has made breathing one hell of a task and I've found myself grateful for this product so much. Not being able to breath through my nose meant I've had to breath through my mouth which has led to me to having really dry lips that I wouldn't dare put lipsticks on. This is tingly when I first apply it and when I first tried it, it didn't really agree with my lips but now it does. I love how moisturised it leaves my lips and makes them smooth and flake free.

Herbal Essences Bee Strong Conditioning Mask 
At the end of last month I had a very needed cut to my hair. I had over half my hair cut off and it went from sitting on the top of my butt to just under my shoulders. So now I have less weight to carry around and washing my hair has been cut by an hour I thought I'd invest in some hair masks. My favourite has to be this Herbal Essences Bee Strong Mask. It smells like apricot and honey and leaves my hair feeling soft and stronger than it normally does. It also leaves it smelling great and a little bit goes a long way. I highly recommend giving it a smell even if you don't buy it.

Karen Rose
My random favourite this month comes in the shape of crime author Karen Rose. I've read a lot of crime novels and for me these are the best. Rose writes a brilliant mix of crime and romance in each book and they are some of the most gruesome I've ever read. My favourites are Die For Me, Kill For Me and Did You Miss Me?. I highly recommend these if you're looking for something new to read and your a fan of crime novels.

So that's my September Favourites. Were any of yours mine? If not, what were yours? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment