Monday 21 September 2015

Review: Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick

When I first heard that Maybelline were finally releasing their matte lipsticks here in the UK, I rejoiced. I'd spent so long watching all the American Beauty Girls talking about how amazing they were but not able to test them for myself. So at the end of August when Maybelline released them I had to get my hands on one.

And I can safely say that it was well worth the wait. Maybelline released six beautiful shades, each one highly pigmented and creamy to apply. I only have Divine Wine at the moment but will definitely be buying Siren In Scarlet, Magnetic Magenta and Rose Rush. Divine Wine is this beautiful burgundy red shade that is perfect for Autumn/Winter.

When applied to the lips, it's ultra creamy and opaque in one swipe. The colour pay off is brilliant and I love how it makes my lips look slightly bigger than they actually are. It doesn't dry down on the lips in the way a normal matte finish does but doesn't transfer like a sheen finish. It's comfortable to wear and doesn't go streaky on the lips if you drink unlike other dark shades I've tried. I would advise a lip liner with this to just make the edges sharper but it's fine without one as it doesn't bleed or feather. I do find though with this lipstick that because it is so creamy it can smear slightly. I know I said they don't transfer and they don't but I can sometimes look in the mirror and there will be a dark smudge just outside my lip line. Now I don't know if I've done it or if it's the lipstick but it's another reason a lip liner would be advisable.

If I was to recommend one lipstick this Autumn then I'd recommend this shade from Maybelline definitely. Non drying, long lasting and perfect for the season ahead I say give them a swatch when your at a Maybelline counter.

Have any of you tried these? Did you like them? Let me know in the comments. 

Available from Superdrug and Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment