Monday 31 August 2015

August Favourites




It's the last Monday of August so you know what that means. It's August Favourites time. This month has been a good month for finding new products and rekindling my love for some old products as well. 

My first favourite this month is a new release from Rimmel. It's one of their Nude Kate Moss Lipsticks in the shade 45. It's a pinky nude shade that looks brown toned in certain looks and pink toned in other lips. I loved wearing this on days when I want a no fuss lip and on days I want a bit more colour I add a smidge of Revlon's Colourburst Balm in Honey. It doesn't last very long on the lips but as it's a nude it's easy to reapply. I have this lipstick to thank as I'm now confident wearing nude shades instead of just red all the time. 

My next favourite is another new release lipstick that I've not been able to get enough of. It's one of the Gosh Velvet Touch Matte Lipsticks. There are eight shades in total but the shade I haven't stopped wearing is 002 Rose. It's a dusky pink shade that also has a hint of mauve in it. I didn't think I'd like it when I got it but I fell in love with it as soon as I swatched it on the back of my hand. Creamy but long wearing, I can wear this all day without it drying my lips or wearing away funny. I can guarantee that the darker shades will be appearing in my favourites as Autumn draws nearer. 

The next product I've been loving this month is the Loreal Volume Million Lashes Feline. I was a bit apprehensive about trying this as I hadn't really tried Loreal mascaras before but I loved it. With a curved brush that fits nicely against the contour of my eye and gives my lashes that extra bit of something, I've put my Maybelline Go Colossal Leather Black into retirement. My lashes very rarely hold a curl but this mascara gives my lashes beautiful definition that is still there when I get home from work. 

The next favourite I want to mention is Soap and Glory's Sugar Crush Body Scrub. For a long time I loved the Sanctuary Salt Scrub but I found the more I used it, the less effective it got.  So I decided to give Soap and Glory's scrub a go and it's so much better. It's quite jelly like in texture which may be off putting to some people but once you start moving around your skin it becomes softer and less jelly like. It is quite a harsh scrub but it leaves skin feeling ultra smooth and soft after every use. Also it smells like lime and brown sugar which fills the bathroom for ages afterwards. 

My last beauty favourite is an old favourite I rekindled my love for this month. It's the Nivea Double Effects Eye Make Up Remover. I used this for a long time but found it left my eyes feeling greasy afterwards. So I moved onto something else and that was fine until I brought a fresh bottle of Nivea. And now I remember why I loved the Nivea Eye Make Up Remover so much. A bio phase product that once shaken removes all traces of make up, I find that the new bottle I picked up leaves a slight residue but my skin doesn't feel greasy anymore. It's brilliant at removing the harder to remove mascaras like the Loreal Volume Million Lashes Feline. 

My random favourite of the month is Andie Case. If you don't know who Andie Case is, she's a singer/songwriter who creates fantastic covers of popular songs as well as writing her own songs which she posts on YouTube. A few of my favourite covers of hers are See You Again/The Scientist/Stay With Me Mix, Love Me Harder, Pills and Potions, Good For You and Want To Want Me. Her original song Your Love is also a favourite of mine. Her voice is beautiful and I love how they arrange the covers. Some of them are so well done that I prefer those over the original artists version. I recommend you go check her out over here.

So that's it for my monthly favourites. What were your favourites this month? Were any of them the same as mine. Let me know in the comments.  

1 comment:

  1. The Soap and Glory scrub is my ultimate favourite exfoliator. I use it religiously once a week and before tanning, and my skin always feels super smooth afterwards! Also wanna try the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks. Like you, I have found a new found love for nudes instead of wearing red lipstick, so I'm constantly on the hunt for more to add to my collection!

    Caitlin xxx (www.insite-business.uk)

    ReplyDelete