Thursday 27 August 2015

Review: Garnier Ultimate Blends The Strength Restorer Shampoo And Conditioner

I don't usually talk about things hair on here because I just never had time for my hair. I had tried in the past but my hair was always untamable and a couple of days after washing it, it would always look like a birds nest. Yet I thought I'd give these a go and see if they actually made my hair stronger. 

 My first impression was no, it didn't help my hair at all but after a few uses I did notice that it was starting to help my hair. Not only did it feel softer but it felt stronger and didn't get so knotty when I washed it. This smells like heaven, a honey mixture that lingers in the hair for a couple of days after wards. It also contains Royal Jelly which my mum used religiously when I was growing up. So I knew it was good. It claims on the front to strengthen, nourish and protect. And it actually does, I have very thick hair and where it got so knotty it became weak and dry and just generally horrible. Since I've been using this though it's gotten ten times better. It doesn't feel as dry and even though it's knotty, it doesn't take forever to brush when I wash it. 

 The conditioner is just as brilliant and I especially loved this for helping ease some of the dryness that the ends of my hair had. I've had ombre in my hair for just over a year and progressively it has made my ends drier and drier. So when I started using the shampoo I started using the conditioner as well. It smells exactly like the shampoo and lingers nicely in my hair for a while. I tend to just use this through my ends as that's where a lot of the problem lies. Instead of washing it out straight away I leave it in for a minute or two and then wash it out. I find it leaves my hair feeling softer but unfortunately the dryness does reappear after a couple of days. 

As I said I didn't like this on first use but after a few I really felt like they were doing something for my hair. When I started using them I had very long, very thick and very dry hair. Now I've had a good chop off and whilst it's still thick it isn't as dry at the ends and this combo stills works like a dream after every wash. I also recommend you try out the 1 Minute Strength Restorer treatment. Your hair will feel better after the first use. 

Have you tried these? Did you like them? Did you not? Let me know in the comments. 

Available from Boots and Superdrug

1 comment:

  1. Great Review!
    I struggle with hair care a bit, my hair gets oily quite easily.
    Thanks for joining my link up

    ReplyDelete