Thursday 6 August 2015

How I Get My Skin Summer Ready

If there is one thing that changes when the season changes it's my skincare routine. When it comes to summertime I focus more on my body than I do on my face to make sure it's smooth and glowing and ready for summer. So today I thought I'd share a few things I do to get my skin in tip top condition.

The first thing I focus on it exfoliating my skin. When I was younger the skin on my upper arms was quite bumpy and uneven but as I've grown older it's smoothed out and become softer, yet I always focus on them when I'm exfoliating. My body scrub of choice is the Soap And Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub. Not only does it smell ultra summery but it's also one of the most effective scrubs I've tried. It's one of the scrubbier scrubs on the market but the texture is more like a gel than anything else which I find leaves my skin feeling softer than others I've tried.

The next thing I focus on all year round but especially in the summer is moisturising. I tend to go for a lighter moisturiser during the day and a heavier one in the evening. At the moment my morning moisturiser is the Palmer's Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion. It makes moisturising so much easier especially if I'm in a rush. It's just a case of spray, rub in and then go. It leaves my skin feeling super soft and smells absolutely heavenly. For my evening moisturiser I go for one that takes a bit longer to sink into the skin as I'm not rushing anywhere. My go to one at the moment is the Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Lotion, it smells divine, doesn't leave my skin as tacky as others and in the morning my skin is super soft.

Of course if I make sure my arms and legs are moisturised I've also got to focus on my feet and hands as well. Working in a very hands on job means my hands don't always look there best but I found smothering my hands in Soap and Glory's Endless Glove every night leaves them beyond soft and looking better which is a plus when showing customers the latest polish or lipstick at work. When it comes to my feet I'm not that worried as they're usually covered by my socks and converse but like everyone else in the summer I do like to wear sandals and flips flops occasionally. The only foot cream I can stand is Soap and Glory's Heel Genius. Not only does it work overnight miracles on my feet but it doesn't leave them feeling greasy and you can't feel the product on the skin.

We go from the bottom of my body back up to the top now. My hair is one of my biggest peeves in the summer. Being very dark haired means that sunshine turns my head into an oven on the best of days. And of course when it gets hot my hair stays as far away from my neck as possible which can be quite damaging to my hair. So to keep my hair soft and the ends frazzle free I use the Garnier Ultimate Blends The Strength Restorer 1 Minute Treament every time I wash my hair. This treatment contains Honey, Royal Jelly and Propolis which are aimed at reversing the signs of damage. And boy does it work, after the first use I found my hair was softer and the ends weren't as dry as normal. I highly recommend slathering this through your hair when you wash it if you're looking to give it some TLC.

I already did a post on how I change my skincare and make up to fit the season which you can find here. I'll keep this quick as the previous post talks about it as well. When it comes to skincare I focus on keeping my skin refreshed, grime free and hydrated. My two main products for this are the Vitamin E Refreshing Toning Mist and Clearly Youthful Hydrating Day Serum. I love spritzing a few sprays of the toning mist over my face when I've just taken my make up off or if I'm not wearing make up, spraying it whenever my face feels like it needs refreshing. The day serum makes a brilliant base for make up while leaving my skin feeling moisturised and even though it's a day serum I use it in the evening as well to give my skin that instant boost of hydration it needs when I've taken off my make up.

So that's how I get summer ready. How do you guys prepare for summer? Do you use any of these products? Or do you have any recommendations? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment