Monday 24 August 2015

L'Oréal Does Matte Lips

When it comes to high street brands and matte lips there is a distinct lack of products out there. So I thought I would start a series where I try out all the matte lip products that each brand have to offer. The first brand I'm going to go with is L'Oréal for no other reason that it was jotted down as an idea in my Blog Idea Book. 

When it comes to matte lip products L'Oréal don't have a very wide selection unlike other brands which will come later in the series. However the matte products they do have I'm impressed by and am going to talk you throw them below. 


This is my latest L'Oréal addition but it's very quickly become my favourite. It is one of the L'Oréal Color Riche Lipsticks. It's in the shade 430 Mon Jules and was a new release earlier in the year when L'Oréal did a shade shake up with their Color Riche Lipsticks. This is one of about 5 shades that they released with a matte finish. A dark burgundy red, this is very creamy and easy to apply to the lips. However it doesn't dry down to a true matte finish, at best it's a satin finish as it doesn't budge but doesn't have dryness that comes with most matte finish lipsticks. If you're looking for a new dark lipstick for autumn/winter then I recommend you swatch this when you're next at a L'Oréal stand. 

 This is one of the newer products that L'Oréal have brought out but for me it's also one of the most disappointing. The L'Oréal Infalliable Mega Gloss is a replacment for their Glam Shine Lip Glosses. Unlike the Glam Shine Glosses they had a selection of matte shades and the first thing that disappointed me was that all three shades were very similar in colour. I have the shade 407 Smoke Me Up a brilliant deep raspberry shade. The applicator really impressed me and reminded me a lot of the YSL applicators but apart from that this product really didn't impress me. As a liquid lipstick I expected it to dry down to a long wearing matte finish but it didn't and transferred at the slightest touch. It was also hard to apply and as much as I love the colour I don't find myself reaching for this as much as I hoped. 


The last matte offering L'Oréal have is their largest collection of matte lipsticks. It's the Collection Exclusive Pure Reds collection. It consists of four different matte red shades and it's truly a brilliant collection. More matte than any other product, these are still creamy and apply beautifully to the lips. It doesn't feel drying on the lips and whilst there is still a slight bit of transfer it is barely noticable unlike other lipsticks. I have two shades from the range, Blake's Red and Liya's Red. Blake's Red is that blue toned blue and reminds me a lot of MAC's Russian Red whereas Liya's Red looks like a blue toned red in the bullet but actually is more tomato red on the lips. I'll put a picture of Liya's Red underneath.  It may only have a small shade range but this collection really does have a shade to suit anyone. It's another range I recommend swatching when you're at a L'Oréal stand next.

 Overall I like the L'Oréal matte lipsticks but not as much as I do other ranges that are available on the high street. There is also a new Pink Matte Collection but I haven't tried it out so didn't think it fair to mention it. I will be doing a full review though when I've tired it. 

Have you tried any of these products? Did you like them? Or did you prefer other brands? Let me know in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment