Friday 21 August 2015

GRWM: Wedding Guest Edition

Hey guys, first off I'd like to apologise for this post not going up the yesterday (Thursday) but Wednesday even me and my family had to make the heartbreaking decision to put down our 15 year old cat. So as you could probably understand I wasn't really in the mood to knuckle down and finish this post. However I wanted to put this post up and decided that a day late was better than not putting it up at all.

Now onto the post. Last Saturday (the 15th) I attended the wedding of my very good friends Simone and Lee. It was a beautiful day, lots of laughs and the bride looked so beautiful I actually got a little teary eyed when she walked down the aisle. And because I don't often have the excuse to dress up a little fancier than normal I thought I would do a Get Ready With Me so you could all see the make up I wore and a few snippets of my outfit.

As I knew it would a long day I decided that it would be best to wear a primer. My primer of choice is the Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer. It's a cream consistency that smooths onto my skin easily and doesn't ball up like some other primers do. While I waited for it to sink in a bit I persued my foundations even though I already had one in mind.

Even though I have quite a few different foundations I found that I went straight to this one when choosing. It's the Gosh #Foundation Drops in 002 and I'd been saving it as this is only a sample size. I'm absolutely in love with this foundation, 002 is the perfect shade for me and it blends seamlessly on the skin. It's a light to medium coverage that doesn't go cakey as you build it and once I'd finished applying it, my skin looked in my opinion absolutely perfect. I will definitely be picking up a full size of this when my sample runs out.

Then I went in with three different concealers. I know it sounds a little bit overboard but I really didn't want my dark circles to be on show. I went in first with the Maybelline Instant Anti-Age The Eraser Eye in Light and blended it out with my Real Techniques Setting Brush. I then added a little bit of Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair to the inner corners of my eyes to provide extra coverage and to make myself look a little more awake. And finally I went in with a little bit of the Barry M Flawless Light Reflecting Concealer in 02 in a triangle under the eyes to add a bit of highlight. All of these were blended in with my Real Techniques Setting Brush and any excess product I removed with my Beauty Blender.

I then went in with a Real Techinques Shading Brush and a little bit of Rimmel's Lasting Finish Concealer to hide a couple of blemishes that were looking a little angry through my foundation. It's a very thick formula that doesn't work brilliantly under my eyes but for concealing any blemishes works like a treat. I dab a little bit onto the blemish and blend it out with a mixture of my brush and fingers and it blurs out the appearence of any blemishes I have.

I wanted everything to last as I knew I wouldn't be able to touch up for a while so I broke out my favourite powder. It's the Bourjois Healthy Balance in the shade 52 Vanille. I did have to be extra carefull when I applied this as it unfortunately met my bedroom floor and smashed everywhere. However I did mange not to cause any more damage as I applied this. I used my favourite Primark Powder brush to do the majority of my face and then took a smaller stippling brush to make sure I'd set under my eyes properly.

When it came to mascara choices I didn't have any as I only have eyes for one at the moment. The
L'Oréal Volume Million Lashes Feline has become my favourite mascara (sorry Maybelline) since it's launch a couple of weeks ago. It's the only mascara that actually holds a curl in my lashes all day. The brush reminds me slightly of the Maybelline Lash Sensational but it is ten times better. The brush doesn't leave my lashes clumpy and the curl it gives is brilliant. If you're looking for a more indepth review I posted one the morning of the wedding here.


Finally for my make up I made sure I had a lip colour that would last all day long. I was originally going to go with Rimmel's Exaggerate Lip Liner in Eastend Snob on it's own but it was just a bit too brown toned to go with my outfit. So once I'd lined and filled my lips in with Eastend Snob I went lightly over the top of it with Gosh's new Velvet Touch Matte Lipstick in 002 Rose. It added a nice hint of pink to my lips and completed my look. 


I wasn't going to share my outift but when I look back at this picture I realised how much I actually loved it. Everything is from Primark and I know for a fact that I'll wear different parts of this outfit either on their own or all together again at some point. 


Here's a close up of the print on my trousers. They were only £12 from Primark but felt more expensive and were so comfortable. I rolled the bottom up ever so slightly in an attempt to lengthen my legs and teamed them with a simple white camisole. 


I only went for plain accessories as I thought the trousers did all the talking. This long necklace was from Primark and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. To me it's simple yet elegant and I've had my eye on a few other pieces like this from higher end brands.

And my necklace tied in perfectly with a ring I owned already. I think this ring is from either New Look or Primark and came part of a set. I wore the plain circle on my left hand and a diamond shaped ring on my right hand. I was going to go for a navy polish but when I went to apply it, it just didn't want to work. So I decided to go for a neutral nail instead. This one is Barry M's Almond, it's part of the Gelly Hi Shine range so it gave a brilliant colour and shine which drew attention to my rings when spotted.

So that's it guys. Yet again I'm sorry it's late but better late than never. I hope you all enjoyed this and if you've used any of these products let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment