Saturday 22 August 2015

Review: Ps Love Lip Liners

Welcome back to Lip Product Week Day 6. When I saw these in Primark a few weeks back I knew I had to have them. I've already tried a couple of their existing shades and loved them so had high hopes for these new shades.

The first one I picked up is this bright pink shade which at the time I thought I didn't have anything to go with it but once I got home I found a couple.

The next one I picked up was this peachy, almost baby pink shade which when I saw it was like a life saver to me. I've had a lipstick I haven't been able to wear as it did nothing but bleed around the edges of my lips and this will hopefully help or stop it altogether.

 And the last one I picked up is a mauvey/dusky purple shade which I know will look lovely worn on it's own.

I am happy to say that I wasn't disappointed by any of these. The peachy shade and the bright pink shade did drag ever so slighlty on my lips but it is something I can overlook as it doesn't effect the end result. They do dry down to a matte finish but I find that they don't dry my lips out when worn on their own. When I wear these under a lipstick be it matte or sheen finish, it makes my lips dry out quicker and leaves them feeling uncomfortable. The two shades that drag on my lips don't feel as creamy as the mauve shade and do take some building up whereas the mauve shade is very creamy and quite easy to build.

The mauve shade is my favourite of the three as it has a nude look to it that goes brilliantly with most make up looks. It reminds me a lot of Revlon's Sultry Matte Balm but without the pink tones and I know that if I need a lip liner for Sultry then the mauve shade will be perfect. The red shade that they originally released when they brought the lip liners out is also a nice shade to wear alone or used to help line with another colour.

At only £1 a throw I didn't think they would be very good but I've been thoroughly surprised. Easy to use, opaque in one swipe and non drying on the lips, these lip liners are better than some of the other, higher priced ones I've tried. If you're in Primark I recommend that you give them a test.

Have any of you tried these? What did you think? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment