Sunday 16 August 2015

Review: Lancôme L'Absolu Velours

Over the last few weeks I've been accumulating some new lip products. There is a mixture of new releases and older products that I've only gotten round to trying now. So as I'm free from work for the week I thought I'd post a review on each collection or product each day this week. So let Lip Product Week commence.

This purchase was entirely down to Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup, she feautred this in one of her videos and I knew that I had to have one. It's slightly more higher end than I'd usually go for but when I swatched it in Boots I knew I had to have one. If you're wondering what the it is, it's the Lancôme L'Absolu Velour liquid lipstick.

The shade I went for was 197 Velours De Grenade, a brilliant blue toned red. I swatched this in the shop and was not only impressed by the shade but by how opaque it applied to my hand. A small amount of this goes a long way and one swipe leaves lips covered in an opaque coat of vibrant colour.

The doe foot applicator is big enough to help application but not too big that you get it everywhere you didn't want it. The pointed end makes it easier to create a line, whether it's drawing in your cupids bow or touching up the lip line. As well as being pointed, the applicator is very flexible and you don't have to worry about it not working with the shape of your lips. I love the flexibility of the doe foot as it makes it ten times easier to create a smooth line, especially when I'm drawing in my cupids bow. One thing to watch with the applicator is that it can sometime apply too much product but I always wipe any excess off on the inner rim of the tube so I get a smooth, non streaky colour. I'll pop in a close up of the applicator so you can see it in more detail.

It does take a few seconds to dry but doesn't smudge or go streaky if you accidentally bump it. Afterwards you're left with a vibrant, long lasting and non drying formula. And that's what I love so much about this product. It doesn't dry lips out, I've tried many a matte red lip and by the end of the day my lips feel chapped and dry but not with this one. When it dries down it dries to a velvet finish on the lips that feels comfortable to wear for long periods of time. It does transfer ever so slightly but it's barely noticable on the lips. It does feel quite slippy on the lips but doesn't go streaky if you press your lips together or smudge it by accident.

I'm not sure if it's just because I'm not really into buying high end make up or if it's the product itself but I think I expected more for the price. I have a few more less pricey products that to me give better results and are easier to work with but if you're a fan of high end make up or even of Lancôme then I suggest you look into these.

Have any of you tried this? Do you have any recommendations of similar products? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment