Tuesday 18 August 2015

Review: Ps Love Velvet Matte Lip Crayons

Welcome back to Lip Product Week Day 3. When I saw these in Primark a few weeks ago I just knew I had to have them. I'd been on the look out for some more decent budget lip products from brands people wouldn't think of. And lo and behold Primark answered my prayers. There were only four shades in the range and naturally I had to pick them all up.

The first one I picked up was this purply berry toned number.

The next one I picked up was this tomato red shade.

The next one I picked up was this peachy nude shade.

The last one I picked up was this neon blue toned pink.

These were only £2 a go and for that price I didn't really expect much. However I was happily suprised when they actually turned out to be brilliant. As with all the other chubby sticks on the market they are easy to apply and give brilliant opaque colour in one swipe. They don't feel matt on the lips to begin with but give them a minute and they dry down to a long lasting, non drying matte finish that I find brilliant to wear to work on my longer days. They do transfer when you eat or drink but it doesn't go all nasty and ball like when you reapply it.

My favourites are the berry toned shade and the peachy nude shade. They don't give colour names which is my one bug bear with this product but it's not hard to work out what the colours look like. The berry toned number reminds me a lot of the Rimmel 107, I love wearing this with nothing but porcelain skin and lashings of mascara. The peachy nude shade was one I was surprised I loved as I'm not usually a fan of nude lipsticks but this one surprised me and I'm now embracing nude lipsticks like a long lost sister. This one me looks more peachy than brown and I love wearing it to work to perk up my complexion which is usually washed out by my all black uniform.

If you're looking for a inexpensive lip product to throw in your bag I highly recommend you check these beauts from Primark out. At only £2 a pop, with a finish and lasting power that rivals other more expensive brands, I couldn't think of a better way to spend a couple of quid.

No comments:

Post a Comment