Wednesday 19 August 2015

Review: Collection Work The Colour Matte Lip Butters

Welcome back to Lip Product Week Day 4. Collection is a brand that I don't own too many lip products from because I'm a matte girl and they're predominatly glosses. However towards the end of last month they released a set of three Matt Lip Butters that I knew I had to try.

The two colours I picked up were 01 Marshmallow Pink and 03 Crimson Velvet. Marshmallow Pink is a very peachy pink that can come off very coral toned one certain skintones. Crimson Velvet is more a tomato red shade that looks brilliant on fairer skintones, especially in the summer. As they are in a chubby stick they are easy to apply and are opaque in one swipe. Both shades are buildable but can go streaky if you miss a patch or press your lips together too quickly after applying.

I found that while these were long wearing, they did transfer and dried my lips out. Reapplication was a no go for me as they caught all the imperfections my lips had and balled ever so slightly over dry patches. I highly recommend exfoliating lips and prepping with a lip balm before wearing these. It is definitely something I'm going to remember to do when I wear these next as they do have the potential to be very good quality lipsticks.

I always try to be honest as possible without being very negative about products I try and when it comes to these new releases I like them but I do prefer Revlon's Colourburst Matte Balms. Yes they cost five pound more but they give brillaint even colour, don't dry lips out and set down to a true matte finish. If you don't want to pay for Revlon then I would say these would suffice for a cheaper version but I do recommend sometimes paying that little bit more to get better results.

Available now from Boots and Superdrug

No comments:

Post a Comment