Saturday 15 August 2015

Review: L'Oréal Volume Million Lashes Feline

I'm not going to lie when I first saw this on the Boots website I was instantly drawn in by the packaging. I'm still a little googly eyed over the packaging but that's just because I love the colour green. However you're not here to read about me rambling about packaging so I'll just jump right into my review.


Apart from the packaging I was immediately drawn in by the brush. It reminds me a lot of the Maxfactor Clump Defy brush but it's a lot more flexible making it easier to wiggle it as you apply it. The brush is curved to fit to the contours of the eye and helps with a precise and smudge free application. I really like how it fits to my eye and the results it leaves. I don't even have to wiggle it much to get the amount of volume I want. I'll insert a close up of the brush so you can see it in more detail.

When it comes to results I'm thoroughly impressed. I have very straight lashes, that struggle to hold a curl on a good day. However since I've been using this product I've found my lashes hold a curl all day long and look the same in the evening as they did when I first did my make up. A lot of it comes down to the brush and how easy it makes it to apply. I hold it so it lines up with the contour of my eye and use the side with the longer bristles to create the intial curl. Once I've repeated the motion I flip it around to the smaller bristles and comb through my lashes to give them some extra oopmh as well as seperating any lashes that may be stuck together.

When it comes to removing I find it can be quite tricky to get rid of every last bit. I usually use a bio phase eye make up remover which gets rid of most of it but come the next morning and I still find tiny flakes of it under my eyes. The flakiness is something that could be a deal breaker for some people but I've personally found that once it's on my lashes it doesn't budge until I remove it in the evening. However it does make for easier removal if you smudge it or get it on the eye lid. Just wait for it to dry and then roll a dry cotton bud over the top and it flakes away.

Not many mascaras get my seal of approval as I'm pretty faithful to my Maybelline favourite but L'Oréal's latest offering definitely does. A brilliant brush that actually does something to the lashes, a formula that holds a curl on the straightest of lashes and shiny (so so shiny) packaging makes it a must have for anyone looking for a new mascara.

Available Exclusively from Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment