Friday 21 August 2015

Review: Ps Love Matte Lipsticks

Welcome Back to Lip Product Week Day 5. Ever since I saw Primark's Ps Love lip products mentioned on msbudgetbeauty's channel I've been itching to try all of them. I'm a matte girl at heart so I was a little bit disheartened that Primark mainly did sheen finish lipsticks but then I stumbled across a couple of beauts that just had to come home with me.

The first shade I picked up is called Femme Fatale. It's a deep raspberry pink shade that would be perfect for now or even later on in Autumn. The other shade I brought is called Whisper which is a beautiful pinky nude shade.

Both of them are very creamy to apply and don't drag on the lips unlike others I've tried. However that's the only thing that impressed me. Femme Fatale transferred very easily and left what was left on the lips looking streaky. It can be easily reapplied as they are non drying on the lips but as they transfer quickly makes me prefer taking it off or wearing a different lipstick.

Whisper on intial application I was impressed with. It was creamy, easy to apply and non drying on the lips. Yes, it transferred quickly but as it was only a nude shade it didn't bother me so much. What did bother me though were the massive chunks of glitter which weren't obvious when you look at it in the bullet but upon application stand out all over the lips and in this case my chin as well.

When I wore both of these shades I knew that out of the two it would be Whisper I would recommend to you all. However when I spotted all the glitter over my lips and chin I was beyond disappointed. If glittery lips are your thing then I would highly recommend Whisper but if they're not then I would say stay away.

I don't like giving negative reviews on products but I'm honest as it's always the best way to be and there was no way to review this in a positive light. If you're looking to try some lip products from Primark I recommend you try their Velvet Matte Lip Crayons, I reviewed them here  if you'd like to see what colours they do.

If you have a different opinion of these lipsticks then please let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment